Job Title: Finance Business Partner - Investment & Acquisition
Location: South Manchester
Salary: - up to £65,000 + Bonus DOE
Benefits - Competitive benefits package, Hybrid & flexible working, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays and Company Car
Expectation that you will travel to client sites x2 days per week - Company car provided.
We are looking for a diligent Finance Business Partner to join a well-established and rapidly expanding acquisitions and private equity group based in South Manchester.
This role will take a commercial focus across a variety of subsidiaries in the business, responsible for group reporting, financial controls, forecasting and month end duties.
This is a value centric role where you will collaborate with directors, also being trusted to provide interim support at FC / FD level - requiring excellent technical ability along with strong interpersonal skills.
A strong fit would be someone operating at senior management accountant level or above, ideally post-qualified, although an exceptional finalist can also be considered. For success, it is vital to embed into the various businesses which make the portfolio, which will require some onsite presence across businesses of various sectors.
Summary of the role
- Working closely alongside the company's non-executives, taking responsibility for a portfolio of subsidiary businesses within a Group structure
- Acting as a key contact between the portfolio and Group head office finance team - ensuring reporting is aligned with the standards of the group.
- Hybrid working but predominantly within the portfolio businesses with the balance at home/Head Office
- Developing strong, trusted business relationships with various key stakeholders
Your main roles and responsibilities:
- Ensuring a smooth onboarding process for newly acquired businesses to the portfolio, predominantly across group reporting requirements and new finance facilities.
- Responsible for cashflow forecasting
- KPI reporting
- Assisting on annual audits and tax
- Attending board meetings
- Acting upwards to FD level as required
- CAPEX appraisals
- Advising on acquisitions due diligence work and refinancing
What does the right candidate look like?
- Being a strong manager of self with solid work ethic
- Ability to add value and impact to a finance function
- Finalist or qualified whether CIMA/ ACCA / ACA
- Enthusiastic, dynamic and willing to learn - ideally with existing experience across different sectors
- Comfortable with autonomy, travel, and diversity
- Existing experience within construction and manufacturing ideal but not essential
- Familiarity working in a group structure is advantageous
- Private health care
- Death in service
- Mobile phone
- Company car (upon completing the initial 3-month probationary period)
- 25 days' holiday per annum plus all bank/public holidays
- Free food and drink when at Head Office - provided by onsite restaurant
- Discretionary bonus paid annually based on performance and value added.
- High levels of work autonomy and the ability to have an impact
MOVING QUICKLY IS KEY - Important Dates:
Interview Dates: Monday 6th and Thursday 9th November 2023
Offer / Decision Dates: Friday 10th November and/or Monday 13th November
Candidates who are successfully shortlisted will be invited to a registration with Victoria ahead of submitting your CV to the client if you have not already registered.
We will have a good chat regarding your career and how we can help and then send across your CV and profile.
The interview stage is streamlined for efficiency to 1 stage face to face out of the Head Office.
We are looking to conclude by the 13th November so act quickly to avoid missing out.
or call us on 01204 326 444