Role: Finance Assistant
Salary: Up to £27,000
This is an incredibly exciting opportunity to join a worldwide organisation based in the travel sector experiencing rapid growth, offering unrivalled exposure for a finance assistant. We are looking for an inquisitive, hardworking, and ambitious individual to join the friendly team with progression opportunities for a candidate looking to develop further.
You will join the close-knit finance team based in Manchester, working closely with the Accounts Payable Manager to produce exceptional results.
An ideal candidate will be highly driven with broad experience within the finance sector, invoicing experience is essential.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Invoicing clients daily and charging credit cards where necessary
- Downloading credit card statements daily
- Reconciling statements monthly
- Payments to suppliers weekly/monthly
- Handling queries both internally and externally
- Work with the management accountants and AR team and support them in their work
- Jointly work on the year end accounts and related audit preparation
- Intercompany and multi-currency
- Cover for all duties within accounts payable
- Liaise with US & Australian finance teams generally and on intercompany working
- Overhead invoice processing - this wouldn't be to start off with but I'm keen to cross skill the team.
What we are looking for:
An ideal candidate will be personable and able to work within a team setting. Strong ability within Excel is essential and the ability to work at pace.
- Broad finance skills
- Previous accounts payable/sales experience
- Good Excel skills
- Travcom finance package (previous experience not required)
- Clear & strong work ethic
- Enquiring mind - asks questions
- Desire to learn & grow
- Ability to understand not simply follow orders
- Ability to spot issues, investigate and resolve
- Good time management & appreciation of priorities
- Thorough but driven by challenges
- Team player
- Good communication skills
20 days holidays plus bank holidays (increasing by 1 day each year up to 5 years)
Hybrid working offering 3 days at home and 2 days in the office
Flexible working hours
Progression and development opportunities
Auto enrolment into cashback scheme
Company Conference Annually
This is a full time and permanent role offering a stable opportunity where progress is available.
Please apply directly to this advert for immediate consideration, or contact Megan on 0161 834 3479 / email@example.com
or call us on 01204 326 444