Job Title: Finance Assistant
Pay Bracket: £23,000 - £25,000
Location: Salford Quays
Benefits: Study support, On-site parking, training provided
We have partnered with a long-established company in Old Trafford who are looking to growth their Finance team to include another finance assistant. The business offers a down to earth culture and friendly environment with lots of team collaboration.
As the finance assistant, you'll complete a range of tasks across transactional finance, in support of the company's management accountant. This is a great role for someone who is looking for a stable employer where they can gradually increase in responsibility - with an AAT study package on offer.
An ideal profile will be someone with a mature personality who has some existing finance experience, looking for a minimum of 6 months' accounts exposure with further office experience being advantageous.
Being a small and close-knit team, we are looking for someone to make a long-term commitment to the business, with increased exposure to the wider accounts function on offer over time and opportunities within a group finance structure.
- Purchase ledger / accounts payable duties including matching, batching and coding of invoices.
- Bank reconciliations
- Producing financial reports
- Making supplier payments and managing the bank
- Supplier statement reconciliations
- Processing staff expenses and credit card management
- Maintain the Sales Ledger by processing invoices, bank receipts and credit control- chasing overdue payments
- Assisting with dealing with queries and enquiries
- Assisting the management accountant with ad hoc tasks as required
An ideal person for this position will have the following attributes / skill set:
- Good communication skills - written and verbal.
- Good academic background or existing work experience in finance / an office setting
- A down to earth personality to get along easily with other people.
- Good attention to detail and the ability to identify and solve mistakes or problems
- Willingness to learn and pitch in to help a wider team
- Good customer service skills and relationship management, especially with more challenging stakeholders - being able to build rapport
Don't tick every box?
We encourage candidates to push themselves and to go for it! Whilst you might not meet all the criteria we're looking for, there are plenty of opportunities to develop yourself.
We also have additional vacancies like this one at a more junior and senior level, if you're not suitable for this position, we might have others that you'd like to hear about! Nothing ventured is nothing gained.
For immediate consideration please submit an updated CV to this advert, the client is happy to wait if the right person has a notice period.
Candidates who are successfully shortlisted will be invited to a registration with Georgie ahead of submitting your CV to the client. We will have a good chat regarding your career and how we can help.
The interview stage is flexible to your needs and will likely be 1 stage. We're happy to facilitate out of hours too!
or call us on 01204 326 444