Role: Credit Manager
Location: Manchester City Centre (Hybrid working)
Salary: Up to £40,000 DOE
Our client is a vibrant and quickly growing business based in central Manchester who are looking for a senior credit controller to manage a small team and play a pivotal role in key account management.
We are looking for someone who is down to earth with good communication skills and familiarity working in a fast-paced environment - it's vital you can work as part of a team, ideally with over 2 years in a role as a well-established credit controller.
What does the role involve?
Working closely with the senior leadership team, your role will be to build excellent relationships with debtors, ensuring a consistent cash flow into the business and creating reports for the management team to help better inform the decision-making process.
- Management of the Sales Ledger alongside the credit manager, posting payments to the ledger, maintaining up to date records
- Driving cash collection - Chasing overdue payments, building rapport, and ensuring debtor days are kept low.
- Query resolution and maintaining strong external relationships between customers and clients alike.
- Creating debtors reports for the financial controller in a timely manner, using Excel frequently.
- Taking a proactive and strategic approach to debt management, minimising the business to financial risk
- Operational management and 1-2-1 mentorship of a small and close-knit team
Who is suited to this role?
An ideal candidate for the position is someone with an established background in credit control / sales ledger with a friendly personality who will be part of a wider unit
- Strong attention to detail and time management
- Friendly nature and personable
- Previous experience of accounts receivable and creating debtors' reports
- Interest in professional development, learning and study
You'll benefit from:
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- 37.5 hour working week - working hours of 9am - 5pm
- Hybrid working arrangement
- Pension scheme
- Casual dress code
Don't tick every box?
We encourage candidates to push themselves and to go for it! Whilst you might not meet all the criteria we're looking for, there are plenty of opportunities to develop yourself.
We also have additional vacancies like this one at a more junior and senior level, if you're not suitable for this position, we might have others that you'd like to hear about! Nothing ventured is nothing gained.
For immediate consideration please submit an updated CV to this advert, the client is happy to wait if the right person has a notice period.
Candidates who are successfully shortlisted will be invited to a registration ahead of submitting your CV to the client. We will have a good chat regarding your career and how we can help.
The interviews will take place in the office - giving the opportunity to meet with the management team and wider business
or call us on 01204 326 444