Job Title:Credit Controller
Pay Bracket: £24,000 - £26,000
Looking for a change in 2022? Our client is an established manufacturing firm based in Bolton who are looking for an experienced credit controller to join a close-knit accounts team of 5. This role reports directly into the Finance Director where you will manage your own sales ledger end to end and manage well-maintained client relationships. A generous starting salary is on offer in hopes of attracting an experienced character who will further develop the business over time. This is a friendly and down to earth finance team who will welcome you warmly into the role in a company with lovely culture.
Free parking is available on site and Bolton Train Station is in close proximity. Activities and rewards are on offer such as trips to the races, bowling, karaoke and Christmas work dos. A great candidate will be good humoured and able to hold their own, a hard worker and able bring value to the company.
What does the role involve?
Reporting directly into the FD, you will take the lead on credit control for the company, corresponding between 4 branches and ensuring timely payments into the business. This role will require strong interpersonal skills, managing relationships with small SMEs to international clients, making each day varied and rewarding.
- Reducing debtor days and collecting payment
- Management of key clients, maintaining strong rapport
- Allocating the bank and matching payments
- Proactively contacting clients reminding them of payment
- Resolving queries over invoices / payment
- Opening new customer accounts
- Credit checking potential customers
- Liaison with other company branches
Who would be the right fit?
This role would suit someone who is confident in their own abilities and competent for the position, ideally with 3 years+ experience within a credit control role. It would be an ideal role for someone who is looking to progress their career into a lead credit control position, or someone who is looking for a fresh start into the New Year.
- Experience using Kerridge is strongly preferred to be offered the top salary level
- Experience within Excel is also advantageous, including pivot tables and v-lookups
- Strong communication skills, being charismatic over the phone and furthering the company's reputation, especially with new clients
- No qualifications are required, we are looking for a QBE candidate
- Willingness to work within a team but also take a lead on projects and tasks - being a well-rounded character who can help colleagues and work independently as required
What our client can offer
- An excellent salary up to £26,000
- Staff events and initiatives including trips to the races and evenings out
- A spacious office with free parking on site - all covid precautions are in place, making this a safe and enjoyable working environment.
- Opportunity to develop yourself further and work alongside a supportive line manager - with planned development and progress reviews
If this opportunity sounds of interest and you're keen to learn more then please contact Victoria for immediate consideration on 01204 326444, or via email - Victoria@4Recruiting.co.uk
or call us on 01204 326 444