Job Title: Credit Controller
Pay Bracket: £24,000 - £28,000 (negotiable) + bonus
Location: Flexible - Lancaster / Penrith / Remote
Our client is an industrious owner managed business based in Penrith who are looking to expand the finance team following recent success. This is a permanent opportunity to join the accounts team as a Credit Controller, with a generous starting salary on offer depending on experience and performance related bonus. Our client has a second office in Lancaster which you can also be based, depending on your location and preference. Hybrid working is also on offer.
Over the past 3 years, our client has more than quadrupled their turnover, offering an exciting opportunity for someone looking for a new challenge.
In this role you will be able to put your own stamp on the credit control function, making improvements to the existing process as you wish, being a collaborative and dynamic business. As the business continues to expand, there is future opportunity to develop into a managerial role, offering future career progression.
What does the role involve?
Reporting directly into the Financial Controller, you will manage the company's sales ledger and credit control function, having the opportunity to implement new processes. Responsibilities include:
- Raising sales invoices
- Statement runs
- Creating new customer accounts and putting accounts on stop
- Credit control, proactively chasing debt over phone and email
- Liaising with the operations and commercial team, handling any queries as necessary
- Building rapport with clients
- Reducing aged debt and reducing debtor days
Who would be the right fit?
The accounts function is a friendly and close-knit team who work with their clients, building loyalty and relationships with an approachable nature. With this, we are looking for someone who can be friendly but firm in their approach to credit control who will be able to further their reputation. This role would suit someone with an existing background of sales ledger and credit control who is looking to benefit from a company offering flexible hours and doesn't micro-manage.
- Minimum experience of 2 years in credit control
- Experience of Sage is ideal but not essential
- A personable nature, being firm but friendly with clients
- No qualifications are required
- A committed team player
What our client can offer
- Salary negotiable depending on experience - example range £24,000 - £28,000
- Team and Personal Performance based bonus up to 15% paid twice annually
- Flexibility in hours worked between the office hours of 7.30 - 5pm
If this opportunity sounds of interest and you're keen to learn more then please contact me for immediate consideration. We are able to interview outside of working hours and are willing to accommodate you.
or call us on 01204 326 444