Job Title: Senior Credit Controller
Pay Bracket: £24,000 - £28,000 DOE
Benefits: 23 days holiday plus bank holidays, generous salary, hybrid working, private health plan and life assurance, pension scheme
Our client is a successful and quickly growing business based in Bury who are looking to appoint a senior Credit Controller to the accounts team. This is a permanent opportunity tasked with all aspects of the credit control function, with a generous starting salary on offer depending on experience. This role is offering hybrid working, requiring only 1-2 days a week in the office following your training period.
We are looking for someone with a proven background in credit control who will be able to help safeguard the business. Over time, there is also the opportunity to further diversify your role assisting the wider accounts department, and to gain study support should you wish.
What does the role involve?
Reporting directly into the Financial Controller, you will manage the company's sales ledger and credit control function, having the opportunity to implement new processes and improve the existing function. Responsibilities include:
- Raising sales invoices
- Statement runs
- Creating new customer accounts and putting accounts on stop
- Credit control, proactively chasing debt over phone and email and mitigating financial risk to the business
- Liaising with the operations and commercial team, handling any queries as necessary
- Building rapport with clients
- Escalating any issues as necessary
Who would be the right fit?
The accounts function is a friendly and close-knit team who work with their clients, building loyalty and relationships with an approachable nature. With this, we are looking for someone who can be friendly but firm in their approach to credit control who will be able to further their reputation. This role would suit someone who is hard working with an existing background of sales ledger and credit control. This would benefit someone who is looking for a company offering flexible hours and one which doesn't micro-manage.
- Minimum experience of 2 years in credit control
- A personable nature
- No qualifications are required
- A committed team player
What our client can offer
- Salary negotiable depending on experience – up to £28,000 DOE
- 23 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Flexibility in hours worked and hybrid working policy, giving plenty of flexibility
If this opportunity sounds of interest and you're keen to learn more then please submit your CV for immediate consideration. We are able to interview outside of working hours and are willing to accommodate you.
or call us on 01204 326 444