Role: Credit Control Team Leader
Salary: £28,000 - £35,000
Our client is a reputable and quickly growing business based near Blackburn who are looking for a dedicated Credit Controller to join their close-knit team. A generous salary is on offer in hopes of attracting a candidate with a strong background of sales ledger.
We are looking for someone who is down to earth with good communication skills and familiarity working in an industrious environment - with team leader experience being ideal but not essential. Being a traditional business, it's vital you can work as part of a team.
What does the role involve?
Working closely with the finance manager, your role will be to build excellent relationships with debtors, ensuring a consistent cash flow into the business and creating reports for the management team to help better inform the decision-making process.
- Management of the Sales Ledger, posting payments to the ledger, maintaining up to date records
- Driving cash collection - Chasing overdue payments, building rapport and ensuring debtor days are kept low.
- Query resolution and maintaining strong external relationships between customers and clients alike.
- Creating debtors reports for the financial controller in a timely manner, using Excel frequently.
- Taking a proactive and strategic approach to debt management, minimising the business to financial risk
- Supporting the financial controller with month end procedures where needed
- Leading a team of six
Who is suited to this role?
An ideal candidate for the position is someone with an established background in credit control / sales ledger with a friendly personality who will be part of a wider unit
- Strong attention to detail and time management
- Friendly nature and personable
- Previous experience of accounts receivable and creating debtors' reports
- Demonstrable loyalty to previous employers with good lengths of service
- SAP experience would be desirable
You'll benefit from:
- A strong salary above market rate - generously starting over £28,000 negotiable depending on experience.
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Flexible Working Hours
- Free parking available on site
If this opportunity sounds of interest and you're keen to learn more then please submit your CV for immediate consideration.
or call us on 01204 326 444