Role: Credit Manager
Location: Manchester City Centre (Hybrid working)
Salary: Up to £40,000 DOE
We are pleased to present an exclusive opportunity for a Credit Manager to join our client based in central Manchester on a permanent basis. This is a role which will play a key role in the finance team and is newly created due to growth and exciting future plans for the business - having ownership over an array of clients, being the point of escalation for a more junior team and being responsible for all reporting and forecasting - requiring a good level of technical ability.
A vibrant and quickly growing business, we are looking for someone with stellar people skills and professional communication style who can work collaboratively and care for vital accounts.
This is an excellent opportunity to work within a people orientated organisation who put the team before profits and have a highly sustainable working model with excellent team retention. A strong degree of flexibility is on offer alongside a diverse and inclusive environment, offering flexible hours and working from home - requiring 1-2 days a week in the office in Manchester city centre.
What does the role involve?
Working closely with the senior leadership team, your role will be to build excellent relationships with debtors, ensuring a consistent cash flow into the business and creating reports for the management team to help better inform the decision-making process.
- Management of the Sales Ledger alongside the credit manager, posting payments to the ledger, maintaining up to date records
- Driving cash collection - Chasing overdue payments, building rapport, and ensuring debtor days are kept low.
- Query resolution and maintaining strong external relationships between customers and clients alike.
- Creating debtors reports for the financial controller in a timely manner, using Excel frequently.
- Taking a proactive and strategic approach to debt management, minimising the business to financial risk
- Operational management and 1-2-1 mentorship of a small and close-knit team
Who is suited to this role?
An ideal candidate for the position is someone with an established background in credit control / sales ledger with a friendly personality who will be part of a wider unit
- Strong attention to detail and time management
- Friendly nature and personable
- Previous experience of accounts receivable and creating debtors' reports
- Interest in professional development, learning and study
- Strong technical ability within Excel, frequently using Pivot Tables and V-lookups
You'll benefit from:
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- 37.5 hour working week - working hours of 9am - 5pm
- Hybrid working arrangement
- Pension scheme
Don't tick every box?
We encourage candidates to push themselves and to go for it! Whilst you might not meet all the criteria we're looking for, there are plenty of opportunities to develop yourself.
We also have additional vacancies like this one at a more junior and senior level, if you're not suitable for this position, we might have others that you'd like to hear about! Nothing ventured is nothing gained.
For immediate consideration please submit an updated CV to this advert, the client is happy to wait if the right person has a notice period.
Candidates who are successfully shortlisted will be invited to a registration with Victoria ahead of submitting your CV to the client. We will have a good chat regarding your career and how we can help.
The interviews will take place in the office - giving the opportunity to meet with the management team and wider business
or call us on 01204 326 444