Credit Control Manager
Salary: circa £43,000 - £45,000 DOE
Private healthcare, free onsite parking, 24 days holiday plus statutory, life assurance
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Credit Control Manager to join a fast growing and commercially driven company based in Newton- le- Willows.
You will head the credit control department and oversee the group's debtor ledgers. Managing a team of 8 credit controllers, you will have oversight responsibility for over 3,000 active accounts. The role reports directly to the Group Finance Director and requires close integration with other senior management across sales, IT, and Operations functions.
This role is ideally suited to an experienced leader with a strong track record in credit control management and will be responsible for driving process and efficiency in the credit control department. You will be expected to take clear ownership and have detailed knowledge of the ledgers.
- Management and improvement of the collection process to reduce DSO and improve cashflow
- Implementing and refining processes to ensure accurate ledgers are maintained and implementing routine audit processes to test that processes are fit for purpose and properly adhered to
- Development of effective reporting to senior management on exposure and overdue balances
- Credit Insurance- management of the Group's credit insurance policies ensuring full compliance
- Timely reporting and collection of claims
- Integration of credit control processes with other processes across the business to drive efficiency
- Coaching, training and management of credit control team, implementing and monitoring KPI's - ensuring the team is motivated and working effectively to deliver high levels of customer service and keeping a well-maintained ledger
- Experience in managing a fast moving, high volume, high value ledger on multiple trade terms
- Ideally CICM qualified
- Highly proficient with MS Office and strong working knowledge of MS Excel
- Experience of Credit Insurance policies
- Team management experience
- Ability to build strong relationships and the drive change
- A proactive results-drive attitude
Please send a copy of your CV for immediate consideration.
or call us on 01204 326 444