Multi-disciplinary design and engineering company providing solutions to sector's such as Life Science, Infrastructure and Defence are looking to secure a project focused Commercial Manager in Manchester.
The Commercial Manager will assist and report to the Senior Commercial Manager and will take lead responsibility for all contracts where they are commercial manager, working collaboratively with various Project Managers to ensure commercial information is accurate and available at all times.
- Ownership of all contract reporting including Cost Value Reconciliation (CVR) production, as well as interrogation of costs incurred to date and to complete
- Assist in contract variation / change management process with input from the PM, including maintenance of change register
- Generating applications for payment and invoices together with all necessary back up and ensuring timely cash collection
- Assisting in the appointment of sub-consultants (Outworkers) on appropriate terms
- Assist in the preparation of Tender documents and fee build ups, including deriving appropriate draw down schedules related to cost forecasts to minimise negative cash flow
- Working with discipline leads to challenge forecasted cost to complete
- Liaising with client commercial staff to build strong working relationships
- Identify areas of risk and opportunity and manage each accordingly
- Advising and assisting PMs on Commercial & Contractual issues
- Assistance in process improvement activities and management of timesheet system
The successful candidate will have the ability to build strong relationships with the immediate and wider team as well as credibility with the immediate PM's you work with on a daily basis across multiple projects.
You will have previous experience in and have the ability to produce accurate project reporting within set deadlines.
- Excellent numeracy and commercial skills essential
- Contract administration knowledge / experience advantageous
- Demonstrable advanced excel skills
- Sound analytical ability
- Highly organised, ability to multi task
- Proactive, actively pursues improvement
- Strong communication skills
- Confidence and ability to interact across all levels
- Articulate, credible and highly motivated
In return, the business offer various study support opportunities, Hybrid Working with 1 day in the office vs 4 remote and also progression opportunities within a commercial setting.
The role would suit someone from a project accounting background as well as someone working within a contract focused setting.
The business offer someone the opportunity to make your mark on some of the most exciting design and engineering projects in their sectors. Whatever your discipline, you'll be alongside some of the most talented people in the industry!
The business offer one of the best benefits packages across the industry;
- Company Car or cash allowance
- Up to 6% matched contributory pension plan
- Life assurance scheme
- 25 days annual leave plus Bank and also, the ability to buy additional leave
- Discount schemes across various organisations
- Study support / career development
If the above sounds like something that not only aligns to your existing skill set but also something you would be interested in discussing further, please send your CV to Danielle@4recruiting.co.uk
or call us on 01204 326 444