Commercial Accountant - Operational Finance & Financial Control
Warrington - 5 days office based (8:30-5:30)
Salary - circa £45k
Benefits - 25 days holiday + Bank, Pension, Free Parking, Free Canteen (24hrs)
Leading logistics business based in Warrington are looking to secure an experienced accountant to join their Operational Finance term on a permanent basis with a focus on their largest single Open Book Contract.
reporting into the Financial Controller and joining a team of 6, you will be play an integral role in supporting the Operational Leadership team of the consumer division to identify and implement key efficiency's and improvements within the business unit.
This is a fast paced working yet supportive working environment so it will certainly keep you challenged and really offer you that chance to lead from the front with real development and progression opportunities within a high performing finance function!
- Review of both Company & Customer weekly/monthly profit & loss statements with the provision of a business commentary including variance analysis.
- Undertake nominal ledger tasks including processing of journals, nominal ledger cross-charges and period end reconciliations.
- Provide detailed analysis to the operations of the key business performance drivers and internal reporting trend analysis, and assist in building and developing of profit improvement plans.
- Ensure all open book costs are captured in line with the contract obligations and recovered under the open book agreement.
- Ensure all gain-share opportunities are captured, quantified and reported in line with the contract commitments.
- Present both Internally and externally (customer) the Weekly and Monthly Financial & KPI Performance.
- Preparation of Balance Sheet Summary with supporting reconciliations, identifying financial risk/opportunity.
- Development and Preparation of Open Book reconciliations.
- Collaborate with the customer and develop a customer reporting suite.
- Ensure that robust commercial and financial solutions are implemented and monitored to optimise profit and minimise associated risk.
- Responsibility for the preparation of the annual budget and quarterly forecasts in conjunction with the Sector Director and their senior management team.
- The finance lead for the Budget & Forecast presentation to Directors and Senior Management.
- Monitor the Aged Debt & Un-invoiced revenue to ensure that they are in line with the Business accepted levels.
- As part of the audit process you will liaise with external auditors and ensure provision of information is supplied in a timely manner.
- Collaborate with internal support functions as required to ensure the financial reports are accurate and produced in a timely manner.
- Continuous improvement of customer and ESL reporting processes and procedures, which support robust business decision making.
What does the successful candidate look like?
- Fully or Part Qualified - ACA/CIMA/ACCA with a few years commercial experience within a similar role
- Logistics / Transportation Industry experience would be useful however, not essential
- You will have a 'think outside the box' approach to problem solving and strong influencing skills
- Significant experience of Financial Reporting
- Advanced Excel exposure with experience with large datasets
- Ability to work within a fast paced working environment - effectively plan and prioritise workload
This is a great opportunity for someone to gain some great commercial and operational exposure within a growing and supportive working environment. You will have exposure to some impressive clients and the ability to develop as an accountant.
or call us on 01204 326 444