Category Buyer - full end to end
Trafford Park - Site based
Salary - up to £35,000 dependant on experience
Due to expansion plans on the back of a recent acquisition, this is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced end to end buyer to join a leading Trafford based Healthcare supplier on a Permanent basis.
The successful candidate will be working with the Purchasing Manager to manage and co-ordinate all activities related to the procurement of goods and services whilst taking full ownership of own categories and responsibility for all associated tasks to manage these.
In the short term, the successful candidate will focus on existing supplier relationships and look at opportunity for cost
Product & System Management
- Sourcing, selection, benchmarking and due diligence of products and suppliers
- Manage new product introduction process
- Consolidate and rationalise supplier base and product portfolio to leverage better commercial deals where applicable
- Support with tenders when required and onboarding of new business
- Management and ownership of own categories
Analysis and Administration
- Maintain accurate and complete supplier and master data information including contract details, pricing, product specifications, unit of measure and lead times
- Proactively delivering cost and operational savings through successful supplier and system management
- Resolution of invoice disputes
- Action product and general information requests from internal teams
- Previous Supply Chain experience, gained within the Healthcare sector
- CIPS qualified or prepared to work towards
- Confident in all Microsoft package, particularly strong with Excel
- The ability to create and maintain excellent working relationships with key people.
- High attention to detail.
- Good organisational skills.
- Team working
- Problem solving, the ability to analyse and quickly breakdown problems in a logical manner, responding quickly and efficiently
This is a great opportunity for someone looking for a hands on involved buying role with a leading and established business.
or call us on 01204 326 444