Well known and respected Aerospace Manufacturer
PE backed - £15million T/O and growing
Darwen - site based role
Salary - dependant on experience
37 hours (4 day week - Mon-Thurs)
My client are a well known and respected name in the Aerospace industry currently in their 71st year of operation.
The business have experienced significant change and growth since first operation and have since received PE backing.
Due to this growth, the business are looking to introduce a junior buyer to their existing Supply Chain function in order to support the purchasing manager and wider team in ensuring demand meets with manufacturing supply.
The successful candidate will be responsible for sourcing potential suppliers, negotiating contracts, pricing, and establishing partnerships that maximise supplier performance - indicated by on-time deliveries, meeting cost and quality requirements, fitness for purpose and integration with the companies Purchasing processes.
Important to note that these are responsibilities of someone fluent in the role and a lot of the below can be taught with the correct foundations....
- Direct, hands-on management of the top 10 suppliers and implementation of the purchasing strategy plan
- Interpret business requirements from MRP-based reports, obtain competitive quotations from suppliers where possible and place orders for the required quantities at the required dates.
- Ensure the MRP is kept up to date with all relevant information, bookings, lead times, cost codes, acknowledgement, and due dates etc., so that the reports mentioned deliver correct results.
- Supplier order book management and scheduling.
- Liaising closely with production control/operations to determine which items to make or buy and ensure that a robust supply chain is in place to service such requirements.
- Continuously ensure that the supply chain is delivering value for money and that, where appropriate continuous improvement/cost reduction initiatives are developed and implemented with suppliers.
- Promote & implement LEAN principles and practices across the organisation.
- Prepare reports, KPIs and information as required
- Participate in internal and external meetings and supplier visits.
- Ensure stock levels are reduced were possible or maintained in line with business strategy and agreed targets.
- Develop a high-quality, reliable, cost-efficient supplier base with the flexibility to meet ever-changing requirements. Review competitive bid information and authorise the placement of orders with suppliers for a broad scope of materials and services.
- Maintain awareness of military and blueprint specifications and manufacturing processes.
What does the ideal candidate look like?
- Whilst its important that you have those solid purchasing foundations, Culture and value fit are key - This is a very fast paced and somewhat reactive industry with various twists and turns. Therefore the person coming into this role must be self-motivated with strong communication and the ability to challenge when required.
- Analytical thinker who is systems orientated
- Computer literate with previous experience using MRP/ERP systems (Epicor, SAP, Sage etc)
- Ideally you will have at least 3 years working within a similar purchasing environment
- Aerospace/Manufacturing desirable but not essential and the business welcome candidates from all related industries
Reporting into the Head of Supply Chain, this is a perfect opportunity to learn - they bring 20 years' experience to the table having worked across various different industry sectors and they're excited at the prospect of being able to mould and develop someone in line with both their personal and professional development.
The business operate a 4 day working week - Monday-Thursday
or call us on 01204 326 444