Family run £30million T/O Food Wholesale business
Bury - Hybrid & flexible working
Salary - up to £32k
My client, a leading wholesale business are looking for a dynamic and experienced Buyer to join their family-run foodservice business in Bury.
This newly created full-time role is essential to their operations, focusing on supplier negotiations, enhancing commercial terms, and maintaining accurate pricing and promotional information in our ERP system. The Buyer will also play a pivotal role in covering the stock management team during annual leave and attending key buying events.
This role involves a blend of office and remote work, requiring effective communication and collaboration with various departments, including sales, marketing, and warehouse. The successful candidate will contribute significantly to business growth by ensuring the best procurement practices, fostering supplier relationships, and contributing to strategic decision-making.
- Negotiate and establish favourable terms with suppliers to optimise cost savings, product quality, and delivery timelines.
- Improve commercial terms, including discounts, rebates, and credit agreements, to enhance profitability.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date product prices, promotions, and terms within the ERP system.
- Collaborate with the stock management team to ensure seamless deliveries and stock availability.
- Participate in group buying events, involving overnight stays away from home, to source new products and maintain relationships with suppliers.
- Liaise effectively with sales, marketing, and warehouse teams to align buying strategies with business goals and respond to changing market demands.
- Monitor industry trends, supplier performance, and market developments to proactively identify opportunities and risks.
- Develop and nurture strong supplier relationships through open communication and mutual collaboration.
- Contribute to the development and execution of procurement strategies that support the company's growth objectives.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory and ethical standards in sourcing practices.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Proven experience in a buying or procurement role with preferred experience in the foodservice, hospitality, or related industry but not essential.
- Strong negotiation skills with a track record of achieving favourable terms and cost savings.
- Familiarity with ERP systems and proficiency in data management and analysis.
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail, ensuring accuracy in pricing and terms maintenance.
- Ability to work independently and manage priorities effectively.
- Proficient in using Office applications, in particular, Microsoft Excel.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills to collaborate with cross-functional teams and suppliers.
- Willingness to travel and participate in buying events, with occasional overnight stays.
- Flexibility to work both in the office and remotely, adapting to changing work environments.
- Proactive problem-solving skills to address challenges and seize opportunities.
- Opportunity to join a family-run business with a strong commitment to quality and growth.
- Collaborative work environment that values innovation and open communication.
- Potential for professional growth and development within a dynamic industry.
- Flexible work arrangement, with a mix of office and remote work.
- Contribution to shaping the company's buying strategies and supplier relationships.
If you are an enthusiastic professional with a passion for negotiating contributing to a dynamic foodservice business, we invite you to apply. Join our team and play a key role in driving our company's success through effective supplier management and strategic procurement practices.
or call us on 01204 326 444