Job Title: Assistant Management Accountant
Pay Bracket: £28,000 - £33,000
Location: Manchester - Secure Free Parking on site
Benefits: 25 days holiday + bank holidays, hybrid working, flexible hours, autonomy & training, others including casual dress, dog friendly office, study support & more.
Our client is a creative and innovative SME based on the outskirts of Manchester near Failsworth. We are looking for a down to earth assistant accountant to assist in month end duties, with a very flexible working arrangement on offer, in a company prided on its culture.
Working alongside the finance manager, the role will cover accounts across 3 business entities, providing excellent exposure opportunities for someone looking to learn and develop - with the role consisting of cashflow forecasting, P&L, balance sheet reconciliation and some transactional finance support including bank reconciliation and credit control.
Being able to build excellent stakeholder relationships is crucial for success, having a high standard of commercial involvement for this level. An ideal candidate will be able to start in December this year and have started their CIMA or ACCA qualification (although we are open to those QBE too!)
Your main roles and responsibilities:
Joining a friendly and down to earth business, your role will work closely with senior finance management, and various stakeholders within the business, including the following:
- Bank reconciliations
- Weekly supplier payment run and collecting payments (All B2B)
- Accruals & prepayments
- Posting of journals
- Production income breakdowns & invoicing
- Updating and maintaining annual income trackers
- Updating weekly cashflow forecast
- Full balance sheet reconciliation as part of month end process
- Preparation of monthly management accounts
- Quarterly income/cost analysis presentation for managers
- Provide financial advice and guidance to the company's managers and staff to enable them to achieve their objectives
- Assist with planning and budget control
- Assist with external audit and year end reporting
- Conduct ad hoc finance projects
This is an exceptionally people-centric business, with a fantastic offering for their staff, including:
- Zero-micromanagement in a company built on trust, respect and accountability
- Flexible working arrangement in hours and hybrid working - completely flexible around other commitments such as school pick ups / drop offs and the option to log back in from home later.
- Casual dress code and a campus office environment, including food canteen, free parking, dog friendly site, pool & table tennis tables, breakout spaces & more.
- Small monthly gifts and staff incentives
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
The ideal candidate will have:
A strong candidate for the position will be someone with
- Strong interpersonal ability with good communication style
- Willing to learn and work as part of a team
- Being confident in working independently and managing your own time / schedule with a hands-off management approach
- Studying ACCA / CIMA ideal but not essential
- Experience using Sage
- Someone who likes dogs!
- Experience using Excel for forecasting - pivot tables and v-lookups strongly desired.
- A proactive approach to their work
- Being able to drive is strongly preferred
- At least 12 months as an assistant accountant previously
Where this role came from:
This is a newly created position due to both growth of the business, internal promotion, and a maternity cover within the team.
We are looking for someone to join on a minimum 12-month contract, with an opportunity to become a permanent member of the team.
With this, we are ideally looking to start someone in December this year but are also open to a January 24 start date.
Candidates who are successfully shortlisted will be invited to a registration with Victoria ahead of submitting your CV to the client. We will have a good chat regarding your career and how we can help.
The interview stage is flexible to your needs and will likely be 1 stage, meeting various stakeholders in the business alongside the Finance Manager. We're happy to facilitate out of hours too!
or call us on 01204 326 444