Job Title: - Assistant Management Accountant
Salary: - £30,000-£35,000
Location: - Blackburn
Benefits: - Hybrid and Flexible Working, 25 Days plus Bank Holidays, Modern Working Environment, company pension scheme and many more exciting benefits
Our client is a dynamic and quickly growing organisation based in Blackburn who are looking for an assistant management accountant to join the expanding finance team. Reporting to the financial manager, you will assist in the the production of management accounts.
This is a role where your development will be encouraged, with plenty of training and progression opportunities on offer, working for a manager who feels passionately for the upskilling and training of their team.
An ideal candidate will be willing to learn and work as a team with real enthusiasm for the role. You will be joining a supportive team with fantastic working culture where you will quickly be able to take on more responsibility. Full study support is on offer across all levels whether for someone studying their ACCA or CIMA.
What does the role involve?
This position involves producing monthly management accounts assisting the financial manager, working as a larger team and individually. This would be an ideal position for a senior accounts assistant / assistant accountant who is looking to further their career whilst still receiving support and guidance.
- Working with the Assistant Accountant/Financial Controller to assist in all aspects of finance
- Preparation of journal entries
- Maintaining daily/weekly cash flow projections
- Reconciliation of general ledger balances as requested by the management accountants
- Monthly expenditure reporting
- Departmental budgets - cost allocation, reviewing ledger transactions for miss-allocations, preparing detailed variance reports comparing departmental budget to actual spend
- Assisting management accounts to produce management accounts, half year/ annual accounts
- Understanding operational business costs - preparing reports to analyse costs/variances against actuals
- Weekly cash flow reporting - investigating and reporting weekly variances
- Supporting transactional staff ensuring work is completed
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience working within an Accounts Assistant or Assistant Management Accountant position
- Studying for a relevant professional qualification
- Excellent telephone manner, confidence, and strong communication skills
- Driven individual with excellent attention to detail and organisational abilities
- Organised and has strong attention to detail
- Strong computer skills are essential
- Ability to liaise with others and form effective working relationships
- Excellent IT Skills (Excel advance- VLOOKUP and Pivot Tables)
You'll benefit from: Our client is a progressive organisation who continually looks to improve their existing processes. In this role, your ideas will be listened to and you will be able to have full control of the function. A great benefits package is also on offer, including the following:
- A generous salary up to £35,000 depending on experience
- Flexible working arrangement, offering hybrid working
- Full Study Support (ACCA/CIMA)
- 25 Days holiday plus bank holidays
- Company pension scheme
- Supportive team offering any training needed and future opportunity to grow
If this opportunity sounds of interest and you're keen to learn more then please contact Callum for immediate consideration on 01204 326444
or call us on 01204 326 444