Job Title: Assistant Management Accountant
Pay Bracket: £25,000 - £30,000 DOE Plus Full Study Package
Benefits: 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, full study support whether ACCA / CIMA / AAT, free parking, training and progression opportunities – company succession plan
Our client is a successful and growing manufacturing business based in Skelmersdale who are looking for an enthusiastic and detail focused trainee management accountant to join their team. This is a great opportunity for a senior accounts assistant who is looking to take the next step in their career, with full study support on offer and the scope to progress into a management accountant over time.
This is a close-knit accounts team with no hierarchy, the team work closely together to achieve a common goal which will quickly provide you with exposure to all areas of accounts. As your responsibilities increase your salary will rise with regular reviews taking place. There is also the opportunity to make your own mark on the finance department, being a collaborative environment where you will be able to make changes and implement best practice.
We are open to candidates of all backgrounds and are looking for someone who wants to develop their skills and try new things. Previous experience within stock or a manufacturing environment is advantageous but by no means essential.
What does the role involve?
Reporting directly into the Financial Controller, your role will be to assist in the production of management accounts, increasing responsibilities over time to become involved in forecasting, analysis and audit.
- Preparing monthly management accounts alongside the financial controller
- VAT Returns
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Prepayments and accruals
- Creating reports for management
- Profit and loss
- Ad hoc support for transactional finance
Who would be the right fit?
This role would suit someone with a strong foundation of accounts knowledge who is looking for the next step in their career, or someone working at this level who is looking for a change and future progression opportunities.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience within accounts
- Enthusiasm to learn, take on a challenge and develop themselves – being able to challenge the status quo and spot areas for improvement in the accounts department
- Knowledge and confidence using Excel to create reports
- Working towards an accounting qualification whether AAT / ACCA / CIMA
- A friendly personality with good communication and ability to liaise with other departments
What our client can offer
- A competitive salary offering up to £30,000 depending on experience with scope to increase
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Progression opportunities and study support
If this opportunity sounds of interest and you’re keen to learn more then please contact Victoria for immediate consideration on 01204 326444.
or call us on 01204 326 444