Job Title: Assistant Accountant
Pay Bracket: £28,000 - £34,000 DOE
Benefits: 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, study support for ACCA and development opportunities, free parking on site, public transport links in close distance, early Friday finish,
Four are pleased to present an opportunity for an Assistant Accountant based East of Oldham, looking for an accounting professional to work directly alongside the Finance Manager in a close-knit team.
The role will be varied working directly alongside the FM, supporting in management accounts, analysis, team training and management. An ideal candidate for this role is someone who is studying their ACCA qualification with a commitment to their career in finance.
Over time, there is the opportunity to progress into a Management Accountant position with fully funded study on offer.
Your main roles and responsibilities:
- Assisting the finance manager in month end duties
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- P&L Accounts
- Processing company expenses
- VAT returns
- Ad hoc assistance with wider areas of the finance team including training of junior team members, purchase ledger and sales ledger.
- Assisting in monthly reporting
The ideal candidate will have:
- Willingness to learn and work as part of a team
- Confidence in your ability to work accurately and independently on tasks
- Good ability within Excel - knowledge of pivot tables, v-lookups, and Sum-ifs
- Knowledge of Sage200
- A good understanding of transactional finance and wanting to become involved in monthly management accounts
You'll benefit from:
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Free on-site parking
- Supportive team environment and good office culture
- Annual cost of living pay reviews
- Discretional bonus scheme based on company performance
- Flexible working hours, opportunity of some remote working
- Team building activities and social events twice a year
- Early Friday finish
Don't tick every box?
We encourage candidates to push themselves and to go for it! Whilst you might not meet all the criteria we're looking for, there are plenty of opportunities to develop yourself.
We also have additional vacancies like this one at a more junior and senior level, if you're not suitable for this position, we might have others that you'd like to hear about! Nothing ventured is nothing gained.
For immediate consideration please submit an updated CV to this advert, the client is happy to wait if the right person has a notice period.
Candidates who are successfully shortlisted will be invited to a registration with Victoria ahead of submitting your CV to the client. We will have a good chat regarding your career and how we can help.
The interview stage is flexible to your needs and will likely be 1 stage. We're happy to facilitate out of hours too!
or call us on 01204 326 444