Job Title: Senior Accounts Assistant / Assistant Accountant
Pay Bracket: £24,000 - £30,000
Benefits: 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, study support and development opportunities, free parking on site, public transport links in close distance, early Friday finish, Study package
This is a fantastic opportunity for an accounts assistant to join a down to earth and growing business based in Rochdale. Based within the technology sector, the business has experienced significant sustained growth over the past 5 years, recently receiving an exciting investment which will be put back into their staff base and working environment.
We are looking for someone with at least 3 years of experience working within invoice processing / transactional finance, with good technical ability within Excel being essential for success. Suitable past roles including accounts payable, accounts administrator, finance assistant etc. Learning and development opportunities are on offer for the right person such as an AAT study package.
This role will be a combination of assisting in transactional finance and heavily involved in month end duties - supporting the management accountant and offering an excellent opportunity to progress in the long term.
Your main roles and responsibilities:
Over time, this position will develop into full end to end management of the purchase ledger, working in a small and close-knit team.
- Assisting the finance manager in month end duties
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- P&L Accounts working with the management accountant
- Managing all purchasing queries, resolving queries with excellent delivery
- Reconciliation of all Supplier Statements using Excel
- Processing BACS payments
- Processing company expenses
- Ad hoc assistance with wider areas of the finance team including sales ledger
- Assisting in monthly reporting
The ideal candidate will have:
- Willingness to learn and work as part of a team
- Confidence in your ability to work accurately and independently on tasks
- Good ability within Excel - knowledge of pivot tables, v-lookups, and Sum-ifs
- A good understanding of transactional finance and wanting to become involved in monthly management accounts
You'll benefit from:
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Free on-site parking
- Supportive team environment and good office culture
- Annual cost of living pay reviews
- Discretional bonus scheme based on company performance
- Flexible working hours, opportunity of some remote working
- Team building activities and social events twice a year
- Early Friday finish
Don't tick every box?
We encourage candidates to push themselves and to go for it! Whilst you might not meet all the criteria we're looking for, there are plenty of opportunities to develop yourself.
We also have additional vacancies like this one at a more junior and senior level, if you're not suitable for this position, we might have others that you'd like to hear about! Nothing ventured is nothing gained.
For immediate consideration please submit an updated CV to this advert, the client is happy to wait if the right person has a notice period.
Candidates who are successfully shortlisted will be invited to a registration with Victoria ahead of submitting your CV to the client. We will have a good chat regarding your career and how we can help.
The interview stage is flexible to your needs and will likely be 1 stage. We're happy to facilitate out of hours too!
or call us on 01204 326 444