Job Title: Assistant Accountant
Pay Bracket: £27,000 - £30,000
Location: Manchester City Centre
Benefits: 22 days holiday + bank holidays, Study Support, Flexible working hours, diverse culture, Annual bonus scheme.
We are on the lookout for a brilliant person to join a fantastic family-run business that has been operating for the last 30 years who are now looking to progress their finance careers!
The company's vision is to become an internationally recognised brand and following a significant period of growth, are looking to secure an experienced Accounts Professional. In this role you will need to assist the Financial Controller with daily, weekly and month end accounting tasks needed within the business. You are responsible for completing any other ad hoc tasks asked of you from the Directors or Management Team.
Your main roles and responsibilities:
- Assist Financial Controller with month end accounts to trial balance for all companies
- Reconciliation of all bank accounts
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Calculate and post monthly accruals
- Responsible for prepayments and other journals
- Maintain fixed asset register
- Support with Month end stock control
- Maintain daily cash flow schedule
- Manage invoice financing facility including drawdowns and reconciliations
- International payments and monthly currency revaluations
- Prepare & submit quarterly VAT returns
- Monitor and calculate retro rebates
- Petty cash control
- Ad-hoc duties as required
An ideal person for this position will have the following attributes / skill set:
- Ideally 2 years of experience within a Finance setting.
- A strong interest in working in finance, and recent experience of working in transactional finance.
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Able to use and manipulate data with MS Excel
- Able to work independently and as part of a team.
You'll benefit from:
- Our client has an excellent benefits package on offer and an unrivalled opportunity for growth and exposure.
- 22 days holiday + bank holidays - rising with service each year
- Modern office and diverse culture
- Free Parking
- Excellent learning and development opportunities with a strong senior leadership team
- Pension Scheme
- Study Support
Don't tick every box?
We encourage candidates to push themselves and to go for it! Whilst you might not meet all the criteria we're looking for, there are plenty of opportunities to develop yourself.
We also have additional vacancies like this one at a more junior and senior level, if you're not suitable for this position, we might have others that you'd like to hear about! Nothing ventured is nothing gained.
For immediate consideration please submit an updated CV to this advert, the client is happy to wait if the right person has a notice period.
Candidates who are successfully shortlisted will be invited to a registration with Tom ahead of submitting your CV to the client. We will have a good chat regarding your career and how we can help.
The interview stage is flexible to your needs and will likely be 1 stage. We're happy to facilitate out of hours too!
or call us on 01204 326 444