Job Title: Assistant Accountant
Pay Bracket: £30,000 - £35,000
Benefits: Flexible working arrangement, free parking, company discounts, high level of autonomy
Four Recruitment are offering an exclusive opportunity to join a rapidly scaling business with plans to expand both their UK market and will soon be launching overseas operations.
This role will play a pivotal part in the development of the business, being the first inhouse Assistant Accountant with high levels of autonomy and exposure to company directors.
We are looking for someone who will be able to build an inhouse finance function - offering a broad scope of responsibility, especially within management accounts and financial controls.
Personality fit and ambition is key, with a personable approach and forward-thinking nature being essential for success. It is key that we bring in a person with strong attention to detail and someone who is confident acting in an advisory capacity. Salary is roughly 30-35k, but negotiable for the right person.
Your main roles and responsibilities:
- Develops system to account for financial transactions by establishing a chart of accounts; defining bookkeeping policies and procedures.
- Maintains subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocating, and posting transactions.
- Balances subsidiary accounts by reconciling entries.
- Maintains general ledger by transferring subsidiary account summaries.
- Balances general ledger by preparing a trial balance; reconciling entries.
- Maintains historical records by filing documents.
- Prepares financial reports by collecting analysing, and summarising account information and trends.
- Maintaining accurate books on accounts payable and receivable, payroll, and daily financial entries and reconciliations.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Strong working knowledge of Excel
- Previous bookkeeping experience
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good at dealing with complexity
- Driven mind set with a proactive approach
Don't tick every box?
We encourage candidates to push themselves and to go for it! Whilst you might not meet all the criteria we're looking for, there are plenty of opportunities to develop yourself.
We also have additional vacancies like this one at a more junior and senior level, if you're not suitable for this position, we might have others that you'd like to hear about! Nothing ventured is nothing gained.
For immediate consideration please submit an updated CV to this advert, the client is happy to wait if the right person has a notice period.
Candidates who are successfully shortlisted will be invited to a registration with Georgie ahead of submitting your CV to the client. We will have a good chat regarding your career and how we can help.
The interview stage is flexible to your needs and will likely be 2 stages. We're happy to facilitate out of hours too!
or call us on 01204 326 444