Assistant Accountant - part qualified
Based: North Manchester
Salary: £24,000- £30,000 dependent on experience/ qualification
We are recruiting for an Assistant Accountant to join a growing SME, reporting directly to the Financial Controller and Managing Director.
This is an exciting time to join the business as they embark on a period of change, which this person will be integral to implementing. The role requires an experienced, professional, proactive and hands on Accountant, to set up robust financial processes and management accounts.
The role involves taking full responsibility for the day-to-day finances, implementing new reporting, producing the management accounts, month end duties and supporting with the production of a monthly board pack.
Some main duties will include:
- Responsible for company finances; implementing and following accounts procedures
- Producing management accounts for the business each month for Director's review
- Managing P&L, reviewing and challenging when needed
- Cash flow forecasting
- Balance sheet reconciliations, bank reconciliations
- Issuing customer invoices for business services
- Processing supplier payments and ensuring all queries are dealt with
- Credit control and purchase ledger duties - managing aged debtors and chasing debt
- Setting up new processes and procedures within finance across Credit Control, Purchase Ledger and Management Accounts.
- Assisting with ad-hoc duties from Directors when required
- SME background with experience or exposure of producing management accounts is desirable
- AAT qualified or part qualified/ working towards is highly beneficial
- Confident to work independently and liaise with Directors
- Ability to put own stamp on the role- with the resilience to drive change
In return, you will receive 33 days holiday inclusive of bank holidays, a company laptop, 9am- 5pm working hours, with some possible flexibility and potential hybrid working.
Please send your CV for immediate consideration.
or call us on 01204 326 444