Job Title: Assistant Accountant
Pay Bracket: up to £30,000 DOE + Study Support
Benefits: 33 days holiday, generous starting salary, pension scheme and study support
Our client is a growing and successful business based in Carlisle, who are looking to bring in an assistant accountant / assistant management accountant to assist in the preparation of the monthly management accounts.
This is a friendly and dynamic business with opportunities for growth. In this position you will work closely with the company management accountant, and will have fantastic exposure opportunities, being able to get involved with business partnering with the managing director.
For this role we are looking for someone with a passion for accounts and are willing to look at candidates across multiple points of their career, whether a university graduate, accounts assistant or management accountant. With great management on offer, there is plenty of support and guidance within this role, making it suitable for candidates of all career levels.
Your main roles and responsibilities:
Reporting directly into the Finance Director, your role will be to support the management accountant in preparation of monthly management accounts.
- Preparing monthly management account packs
- Profit and loss
- Cashflow forecasting
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Producing a range of reports using Excel
The ideal candidate will have:
An ideal candidate will be a friendly personality who is able to work within a team and work independently. There will be opportunities for learning and shadowing, and we are looking for someone who will appreciate and take all opportunities on offer.
- Adaptability and willingness to learn and take on a new challenge
- Friendly personality
- Close attention to detail
- An ideal candidate will be working towards a qualification in accountancy - whether in final stages of AAT, or an ACCA / CIMA studier
- Strong knowledge of the accounting function with 2 years' experience or more being ideal
You'll benefit from:
- A strong salary up to £30,000 DOE
- Study Support
- 33 days holidays
- 4% pension scheme
- Other employee incentives
If this opportunity sounds of interest and you're keen to learn more then please contact me for immediate consideration.
or call us on 01204 326 444