Job Title: Accounts Payable Manager
Pay Bracket: £40,000 - £45,000 DOE
Benefits: Hybrid working, flexible hours, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, life assurance, pension plan, wellbeing service, health insurance, cycle to work scheme, bonus scheme and internal rewards programme
Our client is an established business based in Preston with international operations who are looking for a Purchase Ledger Manager to join their accounts team. This is a fast-paced and professional environment with the aim of ensuring deadlines are met, high standards are achieved, and the team is upskilled.
Fantastic company benefits are on offer, alongside a generous starting salary with the aim of attracting an experienced candidate. You will join an established team who pride themselves on excellent delivery with high efficiency.
We are looking for someone who will fully integrate with the team and take the function to new heights. This is a collaborative environment where you will be able to put your own stamp on the function, making improvements to existing processes as you see fit.
This role offers hybrid working as a permanent feature of the role, offering plenty of flexibility and further benefits listed below.
Your main roles and responsibilities:
Reporting directly into the finance director, your role is to manage the Accounts Payable team and function for the business, directly managing two supervisors and a transactional team.
- Responsible for managing, coaching, and developing the AP team, being the direct line manager of two payment supervisors and indirectly a team of payment assistants
- Managing the team's workload, reporting on KPIs and looking to drive improvements wherever possible
- Ensuring timely delivery of the AP function - Managing the overall processes and controls of the payments function, ensuring deadlines are met in line with company procedures
- Creating monthly management reports for Finance management around KPIs, payments, payment ledgers and the team
- Working closely with the AP Supervisors to review all payment runs and ad hoc payments
- Build relationships with internal clients and external suppliers
- This role also has the opportunity for involvement in project work
The ideal candidate will have:
An ideal candidate will be a strong leader with a positive outlook and fantastic communication skills. We are looking for someone who will be able to lead and develop the current AP team, ideally instilling knowledge, and ability from your own experience.
- Minimum experience of 3 years in a similar level position
- Strong ability within Excel and exposure to SAP is advantageous
- Interpersonal skills to manage the team and develop relationships with wider stakeholders
- Experience within a fast paced and professional environment
- Attention to detail and confidence to challenge discrepancies and errors
You'll benefit from:
- A salary up to £45,000 DOE
- Hybrid working, flexible hours, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, life assurance, pension plan, wellbeing service, health insurance, cycle to work scheme, bonus scheme and internal rewards programme
- 9 - 5.30 core hours with the option of flexibility for other commitments, hybrid working model offering 2-3 days working remotely.
- 25 days holidays plus bank holidays with the opportunity to buy and sell additional days
- A modern and attractive office environment
If this opportunity sounds of interest and you're keen to learn more then please contact Victoria for immediate consideration on 01204 326444.
or call us on 01204 326 444