Salary: £20,000 - £22,000
This is an exciting opportunity to join an innovative and rapidly growing organisation based in Carlisle. We are looking for an accounts assistant / purchase ledger clerk with fantastic attention to detail and confidence in working independently.
You will be reporting directly to the financial controller. Your primary role is the full end-to-end management of the purchase ledger alongside ad hoc accounts duties, which will ensure the smooth running of the department.
Key responsibilities include:
- Daily processing of invoices and ledger reconciliation
- Data entry
- Credit card reconciliations
- Inputting, coding & matching large volumes of invoices via Xero
- Preparing schedules for weekly payment runs
- Dealing with any queries / issues with invoices or payments
- Email and phone correspondence
- Assisting with the maintenance of an accurate sales ledger including; checking sales orders and converting them into invoices, and posting on Xero.
An ideal candidate will be AAT qualified or QBE and have experience with Xero or cloud based systems. We are looking for someone who is innovative in their approach to work and forward thinking to match the company. High levels of accuracy in data entry and the ability to work at a fast pace are vital to this role, handling a few hundred invoices weekly.
The working hours are core 9-5 Monday - Friday, however some flexibility is on offer for candidates with commitments such as the school run. Free onsite parking is available and a 6% pension scheme on offer.
Weekly Covid tests are conducted by the business with health and safety precautions in place.
Please apply directly to this advert for immediate consideration or contact Vicky - firstname.lastname@example.org
or call us on 01204 326 444