Role: Accounts Assistant
Salary: 19,000 - 23,000 DOE + AAT Study Support included
Four are working exclusively with a large and continually expanding client based in Bolton. We are on the lookout for a sharp and friendly accounts assistant to join an existing team of 8 where you will have a well-rounded role - including purchase ledger, sales ledger, credit control and month end procedures.
This position is ideal for a candidate who is looking to expand on existing knowledge and wants to grow within the company over time. The majority of senior staff have been promoted from within, as the company always first offers opportunities to their staff.
Our client is based within the service sector and takes great pride in their work. Many of their clients are long term repeat business, however they are also growing organically through fantastic recommendations and reputation. Great benefits are also on offer including AAT study support, offering paid exams and day release, a starting number of 25 days' holidays and private health care. There is free parking available, however the company is also based closely to public transport links.
Responsibilities of this role include:
- Purchase ledger - Matching, batching and coding invoices, demonstrating excellent attention to detail and fast working pace
- Credit Control - Chasing overdue payments and taking a proactive approach with clients, reminding of approaching payment dates and most importantly, representing the company well and building great rapport
- Assisting senior staff with month end duties and creating reports within Excel to present to management / other members of staff
- Assisting the payroll team during busy periods - the option of developing further into this role is also on offer if desired
- Over time, there is also the opportunity to develop further and to become involved with the company's management accounts
Over the next 5 years, this role has scope to offer personal and professional development. In addition to AAT funding, there are annual salary reviews and bi-annual reviews of roles within the team - with promotion opportunities on offer for team mates displaying great quality of work and approach and additional opportunities to switch teams within other areas of the organisation. Over time, this role can progress into an assistant accountant position - if you wish to move upwards.
Could this be you? Here's what we're looking for:
- Great attention to detail plus excellent written and verbal communication - it is essential that you are able to speak confidently and clearly over the phone and to liaise with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability within Excel including V-lookups and pivot tables
- Adaptability and welcoming of change as the company continues to develop
- Reliability and strong work ethic - our client doesn't believe in over-time, however it is essential that you give the role your all whilst you're there!
- Commitment to the company and professional development - embracing opportunities to learn new skills and to take onboard any training that is provided through the company
If you are interested in learning more about this role then please apply directly to this advert or contact Victoria for more details on 01204 326444 / Victoria@4Recruiting.co.uk
This role is majority office based within a recently refurbished premises including staff communal area and comfy corner. You have your own desk with double monitors and great views of greenery surrounding outside. There is a smart casual dress code in place and some flexibility on offer in hours worked, enabling an easier start time for candidates with other commitments such as the school run. Other staff incentives are also on offer such as team bonuses for top performers and annual staff parties.
For this role, previous experience within an accounting role is preferred but not essential. Culture fit is vital for this role and we will also consider applicants with an administrative background or academic background with an expressed interest in accountancy. This position is available to start immediately, however we are prepared to wait for the right candidate.
We thank you for the time taken to apply
or call us on 01204 326 444