Job Title: Accounts Assistant
Pay Bracket: £24,000 - £27,000 DOE
Benefits: Hybrid working 3 days remote, flexible hours, 25 days holiday + bank holidays, Study Support for AAT - future progression opportunities for CIMA / ACCA
We are looking for an Accounts Assistant with a minimum of two years of experience to join a progressive and diverse business based in central Manchester. This is a great opportunity to join a reputable business with a phenomenal company culture and staff benefits - also offering study support to complete your AAT studies, with future learning and development on offer. The business is people-focused and culture first, ensuring all employees feel valued.
An ideal background will be someone who has knowledge of accounts payable and receivable with experience in month end close. For success in this role, you don't need to be the finished product, with training and support on offer to help you get there. An ideal fit for the role will be someone who is 2-3 years into their accountancy career, and ideally an AAT studier or apprentice, this is not a graduate scheme and is open to all.
Your main roles and responsibilities:
This position is in control of ledgers for multiple businesses and includes month end duties, working both independently and as a team. You'll work alongside the newly promoted Management Accountant - helping in transactional finance and reports.
- Bank reconciliations
- Processing of all Purchase Invoices
- Managing all purchasing queries, resolving queries with excellent delivery
- Reconciliation of Supplier Statements
- Processing BACS payments
- Cashbook management - cash postings
- Processing company expenses
- Assisting on sales ledger - some credit control support
- Assisting in monthly reporting
- Assisting the management accountant in month end duties
The ideal candidate will have:
- At least 2 years of experience as an accounts assistant or finance administrator
- Studying AAT - Level 2 / 3 or working on level 4 - Will also consider AAT qualified candidates
- Demonstrable commitment to a career in finance
- Working knowledge of Excel - knowledge of pivot tables, v-lookups, and Sum-ifs
- Very professional mannerisms and communication style
You'll benefit from:
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Supportive team environment and good office culture
- There is lots of flexibility on offer, such as working 7am - 3pm, 8-4 or 9-5 etc with the option of flexing time
- Flexible working in both hours and remote working - 37-hour week & Hybrid working offering 3 days from home weekly
- Social events and staff team building activities
- AAT Study Support
- Inclusive and diverse company culture
Don't tick every box?
We encourage candidates to push themselves and to go for it! Whilst you might not meet all the criteria we're looking for, there are plenty of opportunities to develop yourself.
We also have additional vacancies like this one at a more junior and senior level, if you're not suitable for this position, we might have others that you'd like to hear about! Nothing ventured is nothing gained.
For immediate consideration please submit an updated CV to this advert, the client is happy to wait if the right person has a notice period.
Candidates who are successfully shortlisted will be invited to a registration with Victoria ahead of submitting your CV to the client. We will have a good chat regarding your career and how we can help.
The interview stage is flexible to your needs and will likely be 2 stages. We're happy to facilitate out of hours too!
or call us on 01204 326 444