Job Title: Accounts Assistant
Pay Bracket: £24,000 - £27,000 DOE
Benefits: Hybrid working 3 days remote, flexible hours, 25 days holiday + bank holidays
This is a great opportunity to join a reputable and long-established business with a phenomenal company culture and staff benefits located in central Manchester. The business is people focused and culture first, ensuring all employees feel valued. Working as an Accounts Assistant, this position requires someone with a strong level of experience within transactional accounting, working along a stable and knowledgeable manager.
There is lots of flexibility on offer, such as working 7am - 3pm, 8-4 or 9-5 etc with the option of flexing time for other commitments such as school pickups. We ask for a minimum of 1-2 days a week in the office post training, with a requirement of 3 days at least in the office during onboarding - meaning it is essential that you live within commutable distance to Manchester city centre.
An ideal background will be someone who has experience of accounts payable and receivable with experience in month end close. We are looking for someone who has an excellent eye for detail and ability within Excel - ideally with pivot tables and v-lookups, although training can be provided to the right person.
Your main roles and responsibilities:
This position is in control of ledgers for multiple businesses and includes month end duties, working both independently and as a team, requiring good technical ability.
- Bank reconciliations
- Processing of all Purchase Invoices
- Managing all purchasing queries, resolving queries with excellent delivery
- Reconciliation of Supplier Statements
- Processing BACS payments
- Cashbook management - cash postings
- Processing company expenses
- Assisting on sales ledger - some credit control support
- Assisting in monthly reporting
- Assisting the finance manager in month end duties
The ideal candidate will have:
- At least 3 years of experience as an accounts assistant or finance administrator
- Ideally AAT qualified or qualified by experience
- Demonstrable commitment to a career in finance
- Good ability within Excel - knowledge of pivot tables, v-lookups, and Sum-ifs
You'll benefit from:
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Supportive team environment and good office culture
- Flexible working in both hours and remote working - 37 hour week with flexibility in working hours to preference
- Hybrid working offering 3 days working from home a week
- Social events and staff team building activities
Don't tick every box?
We encourage candidates to push themselves and to go for it! Whilst you might not meet all the criteria we're looking for, there are plenty of opportunities to develop yourself.
We also have additional vacancies like this one at a more junior and senior level, if you're not suitable for this position, we might have others that you'd like to hear about! Nothing ventured is nothing gained.
For immediate consideration please submit an updated CV to this advert, the client is happy to wait if the right person has a notice period.
Candidates who are successfully shortlisted will be invited to a registration with Victoria ahead of submitting your CV to the client. We will have a good chat regarding your career and how we can help.
The interview stage is flexible to your needs and will likely be 2 stages. We're happy to facilitate out of hours too!
or call us on 01204 326 444