Role: Accounts Assistant
Salary: £20,000 - £25,000
We are recruiting an accounts assistant to join an established organisation based in Accrington with mentorship, progression and a personal training plan on offer. An ideal candidate will have previous experience of purchase and sales ledger and will be looking to develop themselves further in a warm and friendly environment. Personality and team fit is highly important to our client, with lots of training and support on offer.
As the accounts assistant, you will have a varied office role with each day being different, your responsibilities will surround management of the sales and purchase ledger, assisting in credit control and working alongside the head of finance in month end procedures. Over time, there is the opportunity to increase responsibility.
What our client can offer you:
- Mentorship from the head of finance, developing a personal training plan for you and your ability. Support and guidance from your line manager and the wider team. AAT Study Support is also on offer for the right candidate.
- Company profit sharing scheme - the better the company performs, the higher the annual bonus. This is accrued for length of service monthly and awarded annually.
- Flexibility and family feel - this is a company with strong values who work collaboratively and help each other to achieve common goals, and all want to see the company succeed. Your manager also offers flexibility and understanding, you will never need to take time off for an appointment and are always treated with a mutual respect.
- Casual Fridays and work socials - the company runs an annual staff Christmas party with paid bar and meal to celebrate another successful year, there is also an expenses paid trip to the races with the second office, where you have free drinks, three course meal, transport and accommodation covered.
The little things are also important, free snacks are provided in the communal kitchen; a smart-casual dress code is in place during the week with casual wear on Fridays plus activities outside of work.
- Other benefits also include a company medical care plan, free on-site parking and 21 days' annual leave plus bank holidays - increasing to 23 after 1 years' service.
This position will provide a commercial understanding of the accounts function. As the accounts assistant, your week will include the following duties:
- Positing invoices, managing the purchase ledger - matching, batching and coding invoices and maintaining strong supplier relations
- Bi-weekly payment runs
- Handling any incoming accounts queries in a timely manner
- Assisting in credit control, chasing overdue payments and ensuring cash flow into the business, building relationships with customers
- Bank reconciliations
- Assisting the head of finance
- Ad hoc support of the wider office function and accounts administration, filing and maintaining a good working environment
An ideal candidate will be a team player, seeing no task as too big or too small. We are looking for someone who will work well with the existing accounting function who are a close-knit team, and for a confident communicator with strong verbal and written communication. Our client is able to wait for the right person, having no issue with candidates who have an existing notice period.
A previous background of accounts and knowledge of Excel is advantageous but not essential, with an ideal candidate wanting to learn, improve themselves and grow with the company. For immediate consideration please apply directly to this advert, or call Victoria to discuss on 01204 326444, thank you.
or call us on 01204 326 444