Role: Accounts Assistant
Salary: £22,000 - £26,000 Depending on Experience + AAT Study Support
Our client is a long established and reputable company based close to Ramsbottom, Bury. We are looking for an experienced accounts assistant to join the existing team where you will work directly supporting the Finance Director.
This is a friendly and down to earth company where you will contribute to the smooth running of the accounts team - with responsibilities split between bank reconciliations, sales ledger, payroll, month end accounts and purchase ledger. This position has the opportunity to take on further responsibilities over time, with the option of becoming more involved with the management accounts.
An ideal candidate for this role will be someone who is established in their accounts career, with a minimum of 3 years' experience, and someone who is looking for a long term and stable role.
- Managing internal and external relationships
- Bank Reconciliations
- Query resolution
- Posting purchase and sales invoices
- Credit Control - building strong rapport with clients
- Quarterly VAT Returns
What we're looking for:
- Strong attention to detail and time management
- An AAT studier or someone who is AAT qualified
- Self-motivation and commitment
- A proven background of purchase and sales ledger
- Experience with Sage50 is preferred but not essential
- Knowledge of Excel including pivot tables and v-lookups
- Friendly nature and personable
This is a great team who take pride in their work and always help each other where needed. For success in this role, it is ideal to have a well-rounded background to assist in holiday cover for the sales and purchase ledger. Experience with Sage50 is preferred but not essential.
For any areas that you do not yet have experience in, training and support will be provided, working directly alongside the finance director. This position is great for an established finance assistant or accounts assistant who is looking for a new challenge and to gain further responsibility.
To hear more details, please contact Victoria - Victoria@4Recruiting.co.uk - or apply directly to this role for immediate consideration.
or call us on 01204 326 444