Job Title: Finance Assistant
Pay Bracket: £24,000 - £28,000
Benefits: 25 days holiday + bank holidays, diverse culture, Study Support, Annual bonus scheme.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a rapidly growing business based in Stretford. This role would suit an individual who has the ambition and passion to forge a long lasting career in finance.
Ideally you will be working towards an AAT qualification or have equivalent experience. You will be an integral member of a well-established team, working across several businesses within their group.
Your main roles and responsibilities:
- Assisting in production of monthly financial statements from beginning to end:
- Updating and posting of Cashbooks
- Assisting with analysis and insights for reporting purposes (including within monthly Board Report)
- Bank Reconciliations
- Intercompany transactions and Recharges
- Assisting with year-end audit queries
- Completing Monthly returns to HMRC (VAT, National Stats, Intrastat, EC Sales)
- Day to day Management of the Invoice Discounting Facility (AfP)
- Balance Sheet Reconciliations
- Providing general administrative/office support
Potential progression path:
- Over time, this role would evolve into ownership of one of the legal entity's full accounting and reporting activities, and growing into more legal entities further into the future.
An ideal person for this position will have the following attributes / skill set:
- Working towards an AAT Qualification OR minimum of 1 year experience in a similar role.
- Knowledge of basic bookkeeping procedures.
- IT literate including intermediate excel skills.
- Experienced with Excel and accounting software
- Ability to problem solve.
- Attention to detail
- Excellent time management and organisational skills and ability to work well under pressure.
- Good levels of accuracy.
Our client has an excellent benefits package on offer and an unrivalled opportunity for growth and exposure.
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays - rising with service each year.
- Modern office and diverse culture
- Monthly Social Events
- Excellent learning and development opportunities with a strong senior leadership team
- Pension Scheme
Don't tick every box?
We encourage candidates to push themselves and to go for it! Whilst you might not meet all the criteria we're looking for, there are plenty of opportunities to develop yourself.
We also have additional vacancies like this one at a more junior and senior level, if you're not suitable for this position, we might have others that you'd like to hear about! Nothing ventured is nothing gained.
For immediate consideration please submit an updated CV to this advert, the client is happy to wait if the right person has a notice period.
Candidates who are successfully shortlisted will be invited to a registration with Tom ahead of submitting your CV to the client. We will have a good chat regarding your career and how we can help.
The interview stage is flexible to your needs and will likely be 1 stage. We're happy to facilitate out of hours too!
or call us on 01204 326 444