Job Title: Accounts Assistant
Pay Bracket: £25,000 - £30,000
Location: Cheadle, Stockport
Benefits: 23 days holiday + bank holidays, Flexible working hours, on-site gym, Staff Discount, diverse culture, Annual bonus scheme.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a global business based in Cheadle, Stockport who are going from strength to strength in the last 5 years. This role would suit an individual who has the ambition and passion to forge a long-lasting career in finance.
Ideally you will be working towards an AAT qualification or have equivalent experience. You will be an integral member of a well-established team, working across several areas within their group.
Your main roles and responsibilities:
- Supporting the accounts teams.
- Responsible for all external payments.
- Reconciling supplier accounts, bank accounts and credit cards.
- Assisting with the VAT process.
- Processing payments, receipts and invoices.
- Liaising with accountants on general queries when required.
- Responsible for your own varied work load.
An ideal person for this position will have the following attributes / skill set:
- Ideally 2 years of experience within a Finance setting.
- A strong interest in working in finance, and recent experience of working in transactional finance
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Able to use and manipulate data with MS Excel
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
You'll benefit from:
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays
- Flexible working hours
- Free on-site gym
- Free parking
- Annual bonus scheme
- Social events
Don't tick every box?
We encourage candidates to push themselves and to go for it! Whilst you might not meet all the criteria we're looking for, there are plenty of opportunities to develop yourself.
We also have additional vacancies like this one at a more junior and senior level, if you're not suitable for this position, we might have others that you'd like to hear about! Nothing ventured is nothing gained.
For immediate consideration please submit an updated CV to this advert, the client is happy to wait if the right person has a notice period.
Candidates who are successfully shortlisted will be invited to a registration with Tom ahead of submitting your CV to the client. We will have a good chat regarding your career and how we can help.
The interview stage is flexible to your needs and will likely be 1 stage. We're happy to facilitate out of hours too!
or call us on 01204 326 444