Job Title: Accounts Assistant
Pay Bracket: £24,000 - £27,000
Benefits: 25 days holiday + bank holidays, Personalised Development Plan, On-site Parking, Death in Service, Modern office and diverse culture, Annual pay reviews.
We are on the lookout for a brilliant person to join a fantastic business that is looking to progress their finance careers! My client is looking to hire following a period of growth since covid with them boasting year on year growth since.
Ideally you will be working towards an AAT qualification or have equivalent experience. You will be an integral member of a well-established team, working with a brilliant Financial Controller.
Your main roles and responsibilities:
- Raising all Sales invoices and emailing out to customers daily
- Chasing outstanding Debtor balances
- Credit card reconciliations
- Emailing out weekly customer statements
- Matching all stock purchase orders to invoices
- Responsible for supplier Reconciliations / Bank Reconciliations
- Posting all receipts and payments from bank
- Setting up payment runs for approval
- Answering any inbound queries
- Setting up new customer and supplier accounts
- Processing monthly payroll on Sage 50 Software
- Weekly processing of sub-contractor time sheets
An ideal person for this position will have the following attributes / skill set:
- Ideally 2 years of experience within a Finance setting.
- A strong interest in working in finance, and recent experience of working in transactional finance
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Able to use and manipulate data with MS Excel
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Willingness for occasional (and reimbursable) travel to other offices
You'll benefit from:
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays - rising with service each year
- Modern office and diverse culture
- Free Parking
- Excellent learning and development opportunities with a strong senior leadership team
- Pension Scheme
Don't tick every box?
We encourage candidates to push themselves and to go for it! Whilst you might not meet all the criteria we're looking for, there are plenty of opportunities to develop yourself.
We also have additional vacancies like this one at a more junior and senior level, if you're not suitable for this position, we might have others that you'd like to hear about! Nothing ventured is nothing gained.
For immediate consideration please submit an updated CV to this advert, the client is happy to wait if the right person has a notice period.
Candidates who are successfully shortlisted will be invited to a registration with Tom ahead of submitting your CV to the client. We will have a good chat regarding your career and how we can help.
The interview stage is flexible to your needs and will likely be 1 stage. We're happy to facilitate out of hours too!
or call us on 01204 326 444