Job Title: - Accounts Assistant
Salary: -Up to £23,000 plus Study Support
Line Manager: - Finance Manager
Location: - Oldham
We are looking for an ambitious accounts assistant who wants personal progression to join our client, a quickly growing manufacturing company based in Oldham. Following continual growth, we are expanding the finance team, offering progression opportunities, study support and a competitive base salary up to £23,000 is on offer depending on experience.
An ideal candidate for this role will be someone who has previous experience within accounts and is looking to progress further and build a rewarding career.
What does the role involve?
Your role will involve supporting the finance manager by maintaining financial records, processing payments, credit control, purchase ledger and other day to day activities of the company.
- Supporting month end processes including preparation and posting of prepayments, accruals, other general journals, and month end balance sheet reconciliations
- Reconcile bank accounts daily and at month end
- Reconciliation of Inter Company statements to the ledger
- Preparing the mid-month and monthly supplier payment runs
- Update and post cash book entries for all bank accounts and all invoice discounting accounts
- Maintain and monitor customer credit insurance on an ongoing basis
- Liaise with customers and the internal sales team to ensure payments are received
- Reconcile supplier accounts to supplier statements
- Liaise with suppliers regarding payments to ensure supplies are not disrupted.
- Process credit notes and making sure queries are resolved.
- Suggest changes or improvements to increase accuracy, efficiency, and cost reductions.
- Assisting with any ad-hoc financial requests for data.
Who would be the right fit?
- The ideal candidate will have at least six months experience working in a similar role
- Excellent accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Well-organised and good team player
- Excellent Excel Skills
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines and produce high quality work
What our client offers?
- Up to £23,000 salary
- Study Support
- Monday- Thursday (8am-4pm) Friday (8am-2pm)
- Fantastic working environment
- 25 Days Holiday plus Bank Holidays
- Progression Opportunities
- Lots of other exciting benefits!
If this opportunity sounds of interest and you're keen to learn more then please contact Callum for immediate consideration on 01204 326 444.
or call us on 01204 326 444