Hours / Flexibility: Hybrid working available + Flexible hours – standard working week 37.5 hours but reduced hours are also considerable
This is an important permanent position for an established credit controller to work closely alongside the Finance Director and a small accounts team with a family feel. Following a period of sustained growth, we are looking to appoint an experienced credit controller / sales ledger clerk who will be able to manage the process end to end, assisted by an administrator. The role will revolve around the recovery of aged debt, reporting for management and reconciliations, helping to get the finance team on track for year end and ensuring timely payments into the business moving forwards.
Our client is a fantastic business to work for, with many long-standing team members. The position offers lots of flexibility within the role, including the ability to work from home and work flexible hours which suit your needs.
What does the role involve?
Your role will be to have a detective like approach to the accounts, investigating discrepancies and working hard alongside the existing team to bring in aged debt as efficiently as possible. Building rapport and strengthening relationships with debtors is also a core element to the role, making a sense of humour appreciated!
- Managing the company sales ledger, 350 accounts valued circa £5 million
- Chasing overdue payments via phone and email
- Building brand reputation and rapport with clients
- Maintenance of finance records
- Interrogation of the finance system
- Creating reports for management
- Assisting in posting cash – mainly covered by the administrator
Who would be the right fit?
This role would suit someone who has strong personality over the phone with a friendly nature. We are looking for someone who can communicate efficiently, building relationships easily and being firm if needed.
- An established career in credit control and debt recovery
- Ability to work within a team and independently – an ideal candidate would be someone with prior experience of working as a standalone credit controller, however we are open to all backgrounds
- Someone who is confident in managing their own workload and takes a proactive approach to collections
What our client can offer
- Hybrid Working and flexible hours
- 28 days holidays
- A great salary up to £28,000 DOE without staff management
- Free parking on site
- Subsidised amenities on site inc. cafeteria
If this opportunity sounds of interest and you’re keen to learn more then please submit your CV for immediate consideration
or call us on 01204 326 444