Role: Accounts Assistant
Salary: £24,000 - £30,000 DOE
Benefits: 25 days holidays plus bank holidays, study support, flexible hours, hybrid working (1 day in the office)
We are looking for an ambitious and sparky accounts assistant to join our client based in Ramsbottom, Bury. For this role, we're searching for someone who wants to develop themselves professionally and works well with the wider team.
Our client is a market leader offering a top-level salary and benefits package including 25 days holiday plus bank holidays and hybrid working - with only 1 day a week based from the Bury office. The business has a fantastic reputation with impressive future plans for growth, doubling their turnover in the past 3 years and staff headcount. Over time, there is scope to progress your career further into an assistant accountant / management accountant role, with study support also on offer post probation period.
The team benefits from supportive management with the freedom given to you to manage your own workload and a business owner who leads by example, when working from the office, you will enjoy a modern working environment with free parking on site.
Responsibilities of the Role:
Your role will be general bookkeeping of transactional accounts across the purchase and sales ledger, bank reconciliations and more - including:
- Purchase and sales ledger, raising and entering invoices
- Processing sales orders and purchase orders
- Bank reconciliations
- VAT returns
- Processing small monthly payrolls in Sage/Xero
- Producing accounts to trial balance stage (beneficial)
- All other day-to-day accounts/office duties e.g. to maintaining accurate files and enter data in a timely fashion
What we're looking for:
We are open to candidates across a range of experience levels - from the graduate level to QBE candidates
- Experience within practice or wanting a trainee role from a university route
- AAT Qualified or Studying
- Strong time management skills
- Great communication skills and friendly personality - this role is client facing and will require daily outbound interaction, embedding yourself into the culture of multiple businesses within the Northwest
- Knowledge of Excel, Sage and or Xero are highly advantageous
What our client can offer You:
Beyond a market-leading salary, our client prides themselves on the benefits and work-life balance given to their staff. Benefits include:
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Study support and progression opportunities
- Hybrid working and flexible hours - 1 day a week in the Bury office - flexible for candidates of further distance
- No-micromanaging - organise your own workload
- Training and pairing with a senior member of staff for accounts juniors
- Staff socials and events - charity challenges, walks, meals out and beer festivals
- Company laptop and phone
- Modern and attractive office space with free parking
The clients allocated will be given to you following consultation to best match your interests, skills, and location.
Candidates must be based within the Northwest region - additional office presence may be required during training.
or call us on 01204 326 444