Job Title: Accounts Assistant
Pay Bracket: £20,000 - £30,000 DOE
Benefits: 24 days holidays plus bank holidays, pension scheme and free on-site parking
Our client is a successful and established business based in Tottington, Bury, who are looking for an accounts assistant to join their close-knit team.
Following a period of continual growth, the company is looking to expand their transactional finance team. Working alongside the sales ledger clerk, your role will be to support the financial controller in the day to day running of the accounts department, including purchase ledger and bank reconciliations. This would suit someone who is established within their career and someone who is looking for a stable and reliable employer.
The team are friendly and down to earth with a diligent approach. The company is formed on mutual respect and will give you the freedom to make improvements to the current processes and to manage your own workload. An ideal candidate will be able to start this position immediately on a temporary to permanent basis, however we are able to wait for a candidate with a notice period.
Your main roles and responsibilities:
Reporting directly into the financial controller, your role is to assist in the transactional accounts function, including
- End to end management of the purchase ledger
- Ad hoc assistance within credit control and sales ledger
- Bank reconciliations
- Credit card expenses
- Supplier statement runs
- Running creditor and sales reports for management
The ideal candidate will have:
A strong candidate for this role will be qualified by experience, with 5 years or more within general accounts, whether as an accounts assistant or administrator.
- Sage knowledge is preferred but not essential
- Ability to work within a team and independently
- A friendly personality who can communicate effectively across multiple areas of the business
- Qualifications not essential
- Experience of bank reconciliations and purchase ledger
You'll benefit from:
- For an immediate starter we are offering up to £15 an hour - this will be a minimum of 3 months with the view to a permanent appointment
- Free parking on site
- Flexible working hours
- 24 days holiday plus bank holidays
- A traditional environment with a family feel
- Pension scheme
- Regular salary reviews
If this opportunity sounds of interest and you're keen to learn more then please submit your CV for immediate consideration / call 01204 326444 for more further details.
or call us on 01204 326 444