Job Title: Accounts Assistant
Pay Bracket: £23,000 - £25,000 DOE + Study Support
Benefits: Full Study Support, 30 days holidays, free parking, progression pathway
Our client is a friendly and down to earth business based in Bolton who are looking for an experienced accounts assistant to join their close-knit team. This is a great opportunity to join a steadily growing business with long term career and progression opportunities - with study support also on offer. This is a modern company with supportive management who look after their team.
To support their plans for further growth, we are looking for a candidate with a purchase ledger and sales ledger background to join the business, working alongside the Financial Controller. This is a modern working atmosphere with free onsite parking, offering a great working environment.
Should you wish, this role has scope to develop in responsibility, taking on further month end duties.
What does the role involve?
Reporting directly into the FC, your role will be to manage the company purchase and sales ledger, helping the team where needed to provide a smoothly running function.
- End to end management of the Purchase Ledger
- Supplier statement reconciliations
- Handling any queries
- Management of company credit control - chasing overdue payments where needed and taking a proactive approach to customer relations.
- Liaising with company suppliers
- Bank reconciliations
- Assisting the financial controller in month end accounts, increasing responsibilities over time and ad hoc support for the wider team
Who would be the right fit?
This role would suit someone with existing experience of transactional accounts with strong work ethic and attention to detail. An ideal candidate will be a confident communicator who is able to take charge of the ledgers and someone who always looks to make improvements.
- Minimum experience of 2 years in purchase ledger
- Minimum experience of 2 years in credit control
- Knowledge of Sage is advantageous but not essential
- Friendly personality and strong communication skills
- No existing qualifications are required however someone studying their AAT, or with an interest in studying an accounting qualification would be preferred
What our client can offer
- A generous salary offering up to £25,000 depending on experience
- 37.5 hour working week
- 30 days holidays including bank holidays
- Modern and attractive office environment
If this opportunity sounds of interest and you're keen to learn more then please apply directly to this advert or contact Victoria for immediate consideration on 01204 326444
or call us on 01204 326 444