Salary: £23,000 - £26,000 DOE Plus Study Package
Job Title: Accounts Assistant / Assistant Accountant
We are looking for an experienced finance assistant to join our client based in Skelmersdale as an accounts assistant / assistant accountant. This is a large-scale organization working in the manufacturing sector with family values and great humour. We are offering a stable and secure employment opportunity within a growing business – established over 100 years ago.
You will work across a broad range of tasks including transactional ledger work and producing accounts to trail balance stage, assisting the Finance Director where needed to help the team perform at its best.
We are looking for someone with a friendly personality and a diligent approach to their work. Excel ability is vital for your success in this role, with full training provided on the client’s bespoke software. An ideal candidate for this position is someone with existing practical accounts experience and a solid theoretical understanding of accounting. AAT study support or support for ACCA / CIMA is on offer funded by the company to aid in your progression.
- Assisting the Finance Director with month end close and reporting
- Accruals and prepayments
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- VAT returns
- Coding and processing high volumes of supplier invoices
- Matching all invoices against corresponding purchase orders before either authorising for payment to be made or disputing
- Dealing with any queries or price discrepancies accordingly.
- Setting up and maintaining accurate details of supplier accounts and payment terms
- Assisting the accounts team with credit control, chasing overdue payments
- Reconciling supplier statements
- Maintaining an accurate sales ledger
- Assisting the payroll team, requiring an understanding of payslips and processing of payroll
This is a traditional family business with strong values – offering great flexibility and always showing compassion to their staff. The finance team are a very strong unit with impressive lengths of service – with your manager for this position working at the business for over 20 years.
Flexible hours are on offer to meet your needs, offering earlier / later start and finish times for other commitments such as school pickups and drop-offs. The working week is 37.5 hours, however reduced hours are also considerable.
What we are looking for:
- Good sense of humour and strong communication skills
- Great attention to detail
- Working knowledge of Excel – using pivot tables and v-lookups
- Studying an accountancy qualification or strong knowledge of accounts gained through experience
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience working in a similar level position
Don’t tick every box?
If you’re unsure if you are fully qualified for this position, please still put yourself forward and we can arrange a chat – nothing ventured nothing gained! We’re also able to offer career advice and may have other positions which are also suitable for you and your skill set.
Please submit your CV for immediate consideration for this role. Free parking and staff amenities are located on site, with great transport links located close by.
It is essential that you are a team player with well-rounded experience to succeed in this role, please contact Victoria for more details on 01204 326444.
or call us on 01204 326 444