Role: Accounts Assistant
Salary: £22,000 - £25,000 DOE
Benefits: Hybrid working, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, pension scheme, free parking, systems training, enhanced maternity and more
Our client is a growing and successful business based in Chorley who are looking to bring an accounts assistant into their close-knit team. Based in the service sector, the organisation has grown steadily over the past 5 years and has recently moved into a brand-new open plan office.
Working alongside the finance manager, this is a well-rounded role covering all areas of transactional finance and accounts administration, being ideal for someone who is looking for a new challenge with existing experience in any of the following: Accounts administration, purchase ledger or sales ledger. As you learn the business, there will be scope in the future to become involved in the reporting, forecasting and business partnering should you wish to progress yourself further in the business.
The team is close-knit with strong work ethic. As a business, loyalty and hard work is rewarded through annual salary reviews and rising holiday days with length of service, increasing to 38 days of annual leave following 5 years of service.
As the accounts assistant, you will complete a varied range of accounts tasks, including the following:
- Processing sales orders
- Processing purchase invoices and preparing payment runs
- Chasing overdue payments assisting with credit control
- Accounts administration, addressing any inbound queries
- Assisting in month end close
- Aiding in reporting and expenses
What we’re looking for:
- Strong attention to detail
- Working well independently and as part of a team
- Confident written and verbal communication skills – able to communicate with colleagues and external parties to the business
- Knowledge of Excel and computer literacy
Benefits of the company also include:
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Study Support post-probation is on offer
- Training and progression opportunities
- Free private parking
- Hybrid working on offer post probation, up to 2 days a week working from home
- Salary up to £25,000 depending on experience
For immediate consideration please submit an updated CV to this advert. We are able to offer an immediate start but are able to wait for candidates with a notice period.
or call us on 01204 326 444