Salary: £19,000 - £22,000
Job Title: Accounts Assistant / Administrator - Immediate start available
We are looking for an experienced and reliable administrator to join our client based in Skelmersdale as an accounts assistant. This is a large-scale organization working in the manufacturing sector with family values and great humour. We are offering a stable and secure employment opportunity within a growing business - established over 100 years ago.
You will work across a broad range of tasks including purchase ledger and wages, assisting the general finance team where needed to help perform at its best.
We are looking for someone with a friendly personality and a diligent approach to their work. Excel ability is vital for your success in this role, with full training provided on the client's bespoke software. A clerical background or exposure to invoicing is a perfect background for this role. Suitable experience for this role are positions such as a finance officer, accounts assistant or accounts administrator. Flexible hours are on offer to meet your needs, offering earlier / later start and finish times for other commitments such as school pickups and drop-offs.
This role will provide training to someone who shows strong aptitude and transferrable skills, with the important background being office experience and ability on Excel.
- Coding and processing high volumes of supplier invoices
- Matching all invoices against corresponding purchase orders before either authorising for payment to be made or disputing
- Dealing with any queries or price discrepancies accordingly.
- Setting up and maintaining accurate details of supplier accounts and payment terms
- Assisting the accounts team with credit control, chasing overdue payments
- Reconciling supplier statements
- Maintaining an accurate sales ledger
- Assisting the payroll team, requiring an understanding of payslips and processing of payroll
This is a traditional family business with strong values - offering great flexibility and always showing compassion to their staff. The finance team are a very strong unit with impressive lengths of service - with your manager for this position working at the business for
What we are looking for:
- Good sense of humour and strong communication skills
- Great attention to detail
- Working knowledge of Excel and experience of data entry
Please submit your CV for immediate consideration for this role. Free parking and a staff amenities are located on site, with great transport links located close by
or call us on 01204 326 444