Job Title: 2nd Line Support Engineer
Location: Bolton (Hybrid)
Salary: £35,000 - £40,000
12 months FTC (With a good possibility of it moving to perm)
My client specialises in developing and providing advanced technologies and solutions related to mobility, transportation, and automotive systems. They focus on innovations in various aspects of the automotive industry, such as engineering, manufacturing, and the development of cutting-edge products and systems. Their goal is to contribute to the evolution and improvement of the transportation and mobility sector.
The 2nd Line Support Engineer is responsible for supporting the local site IT infrastructures and applications in line with company requirements. This role also involves overseeing 1st line support as an escalation point to support the 1st line team.
Scope of role:
- Provide 2nd level support for IT-related issues.
- Ensure daily operations are properly monitored and registered.
- Escalate pending requests to a higher level of support group.
- Initiate, compile, and share Continuous Improvement initiatives with local management and the Region.
- Manage IT activities at the facility, including the operations and maintenance of production IT systems in coordination with the Regional and Corporate IT&S organisation.
- Ensure data integrity, reliability, and availability at the facility.
- Report IT key performance indicators (KPIs) to the local management team.
- Provide enhancements to local applications and database systems.
- Coordinate external support and contract services as needed.
- Perform hands-on 2nd level preventive and curative operations on hardware in the server room, including network and servers.
- Supervise the follow-up of inventories of local computing equipment.
- Supervise root cause analysis and determine appropriate methods and means to carry out necessary tasks.
Typical Knowledge & Skills:
- Good knowledge of ITIL and IT Service Management Frameworks.
- Good knowledge of general IT topics, including infrastructure, applications, project management, and financial aspects.
- Strong analytical, presentation, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Collaborative and open-minded to develop, drive, and implement new projects and concepts.
- Strong self-management and organisational skills.
- Ability to manage well under pressure and work collaboratively.
- A continuous improvement mindset.
- Knowledge of SAP Structure is preferred.
Typical Qualifications and Previous Experience:
- Experience working in IT infrastructure and IT systems maintenance.
- Bachelor's/Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or equivalent.
If this role sounds interesting and you have relevant experience, please apply.
or call us on 01204 326 444