Job Opportunity: 2nd Line Support Analyst
Location: Rochdale (Onsite)
Salary: £35,000 - £38,000
My client is a well-established security provider that originated in response to the increasing need for versatile surveillance technology. Pioneering the concept of mobile surveillance, the company surpassed the limitations of traditional systems. They have embarked on a journey marked by innovation, quality, and a steadfast dedication to customer satisfaction.
Over the years they have evolved into a global brand with a workforce of over 200 individuals. Proudly headquartered in the UK, the company has successfully expanded its presence to the United States and other international markets.
They are seeking a dynamic and experienced 2nd Line Support Analyst to join an innovative team. As the Support Specialist, you will play a pivotal role in ensuring the resolution of technical IT/IS queries, problems, and issues for the dedicated team. Your expertise will be crucial in providing training on our cutting-edge systems and products, contributing to the efficient use of technology across the organization.
- Technical Support:
- Resolve technical IT/IS issues for employees, ensuring effective communication and documentation.
- Provide first-line IS helpdesk support for network, hardware, and printer issues.
- Oversee IS Infrastructure projects, including data centre and cloud initiatives.
- Offer second-line support for the Customer Service Team and external customers during outages.
- Provide out-of-hours support for critical systems.
- Support the UK Sales and Engineering team with ongoing technical assistance.
- Network/Hardware Support:
- Specify hardware requirements for new equipment, following company purchasing procedures.
- Set up new employees' PCs and phones, ensuring compatibility and security settings.
- Conduct hardware repairs on IT assets where possible.
- Monitor the effectiveness and capacity of IT/IS systems, proposing improvements.
- Backups, Patching, and Monitoring:
- Maintain patching policy on all systems.
- Ensure backup completion and conduct integrity tests.
- Monitor system security and ensure effective functioning of malware systems.
- Supervisory Responsibilities:
- Manage 1st line support, ensuring effective IS helpdesk provision.
- Conduct team meetings and performance reviews.
- Take remedial action if necessary, ensuring the team achieves KPIs.
- Update and maintain security policies and procedures.
- Ensure adherence to quality procedures and policies in line with ISO 9001:2015 standards.
- Conduct activity within appropriate security guidelines, including ISO27001.
- Report on equipment not returned from employees.
If this role is relevant and of interest, please apply.
or call us on 01204 326 444