Position: Part-Time Management Accountant
Salary: £28,000 - £32,000
Our client is a successful family business established over 25 years ago who have become a UK leading provider in their field from a single store in Bolton. We are looking for a part-time management accountant to join the finance team with lots of flexibility, offering 20-28 hours arranged to your convenience.
This is a 12-month maternity cover contract where you will join a friendly and grounded team who work collaboratively. An ideal candidate will be qualified by experience and have knowledge of preparing statutory accounts. This is a growing company with long term potential within the group.
What does the role involve?
Reporting directly into the Financial Controller, your role will be to assist in the production of monthly management accounts, including VAT returns and balance sheet reconciliations.
- Quarterly VAT returns
- Bank reconciliations
- Month end journals
- Balance Sheet reconciliations including accruals, prepayments and fixed asset register
- Preparing statutory accounts alongside the FC
- Month end reporting
- Company and department profitability analysis
Who would be the right fit?
This role would suit someone who is qualified by experience, with 2 or more years in a similar position, who is looking for flexibility that their current employer is unable to offer. We are looking for someone with a friendly and down to earth personality to work well alongside the existing team.
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in a similar role
- Knowledge of Excel and Sage is highly advantageous
- Experience of VAT returns and bank reconciliations are vital for this role
- A relaxed personality, able to work well within a team and independently
- An ideal candidate will be AAT qualified with the desire to further develop yourself
What our client can offer
- A negotiable salary depending on experience level
- Hours that will be arranged to suit you - whether consolidated days or hours split across additional days to accommodate other commitments
- Ongoing training and development
- Health insurance and company discounts
- A friendly and pleasant atmosphere in an easily accessible location with on-site parking
If this opportunity sounds of interest and you're keen to learn more then please contact Victoria for immediate consideration - Victoria@4Recruiting.co.uk or on 01204 326444
or call us on 01204 326 444