Management Accountant - Finance Business Partner - Specialising in Capex Reporting
South Manchester - Manufacturing organisation
12 Month Maternity cover
Salary - up to £60k
UK based manufacturing organisation looking for an experienced Management Accountant to join their Business Control team in South Manchester focusing on Capital Reporting and Capex.
You will work within the Business Control Team in the area capital expenditure proposals, budgets, forecasts and reporting to ensure that group, statutory and audit requirements are met and that SOX controls are adhered to.
To be the capital investment business partner within non-finance functions and progress proposals to full approval in timely and effective manner - volume wise there could be anywhere up to 100 Capex requests at various points of their life cycle.
- Responsible for the accurate and timely administration of the capital investment process to include creation of investment requests, administration of approval process, monitoring of project spend and monitoring / forecasting of project cash flow.
- Ensure monthly reconciliation of capital projects work in progress and ensure all transactions are accounted for correctly and that all financial impacts and implications are recognised.
- Responsible for SOX adherence for the areas of responsibility.
- Assist the Leadership Team in preparing the capital expenditure forecast and budget process.
- Monitor projects to ensure added to fixed asset register as they are commissioned/completed.
- Monitor asset existence and ensure all asset labels are applied and accurate records maintained.
- Proactively review finance process performance and identify continuous improvement initiatives.
- Management reporting to comply with internal and external auditing requests, as well as Group requirements.
- General support within the finance department
The ideal candidate will be Qual, part qual or QBE but must have demonstrable experience in capital reporting and the ability to Business Partner across all levels of finance and non finance stakeholders.
In return, the business offer Hybrid working - 2 days office based (Tues & Fri) vs 3 days from home (Mon, Wed & Thurs)
or call us on 01204 326 444