Financial Controller - Interim
Based: Altrincham (flexible working from home 2-3 days per week)
Salary: highly dependent on experience. Opportunity to become permanent is desired.
Role is currently working 4 days per week (pro-rata salary at 32 hours), rising to 5 days in the next few months.
You must be available to start immediately
Our client is a European leading manufacturing business, established for over 70 years. The business is part of a wider group, with this role in charge of a small team and the finances for a £4m turnover entity. We are looking for an autonomous, hands on, experienced Finance Manager to lead the team of 2 as number one in finance on site, working closely with the senior management team and reporting into the Group Finance Director.
Due to current climate and struggles, the business need an extremely strong Financial Controller to deal with all aspects of cash management, creditors, managing finance staff and liaising with the group to ensure accounts are produced on time each month. You must have experience of working within a hands on role
- Working closely with the on-site senior management team to ensure accurate financial reporting
- Managing a team of 2 staff, developing and training including appraisals and 1-1's
- Manage and build respected relationships with Directors and the finance team/wider business
- Creating and implementing new financial processes to streamline efficiencies and compliment business growth plans
- Producing monthly management accounts, board pack, month end reports and reconciliations across all group businesses
- Monitoring cash flow, accounts and all financial transactions
- Setting the annual budget and responsibility for overseeing and managing annually
- Ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements of all statutory bodies
- Monitoring the ledger to ensure it is up to date at all times
- Hands on approach to accounts ensuring all aspects of month end are completed timely
- ACA/CIMA/ACCA qualified OR strong QBE with extensive experience of the above
- Strong cash management experience is essential
- Driven and able to work autonomously, driving a small team
- Adaptable, commercial and capable of working with the board
- A proven Manager able to turn a business finances round
Please send your CV for immediate consideration. You MUST be immediately available to start
or call us on 01204 326 444