Assistant Accountant- 12-month fixed term contract
Location: Salford- Media City- with hybrid working, 2 days working from the office
Salary: circa £30,000- £42,000 DOE
We are currently recruitment for an experienced Assistant Accountant to join a fantastic business based in Salford- Media City, on a 12-month contract.
This role reports to the Financial Controller and will encompass a wide variety of work, assisting with the long-term strategic plan involving financial accounting, month end budget & forecasting, VAT compliance and cash flow management. The role would suit a part qualifed accountant, who is looking to join an exciting business in a varied role, where you will gain a vast amount of expsoure in financial accounting, month end, management accounts control and finance business partnering. You will join a supportive team and have guidence and mentorship from a great FC.
Duties & responsibilities include:
- Prepare group balance sheet reconciliations
- Update the balance sheet and cashflow model for annual budget and cashflow
- Prepare budget submissions with budget holders
- Prepare and submit quarterly VAT returns and ensure compliance
- Assist with the preparation of year end statutory accounts- compile information and prepare supporting schedules
- Support with the preparation of the 12 month cash flow forecast in line with the strategic plan
Skills & Attributes:
- Ideally ACA, ACCA or CIMA part qualified or QBE
- Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills, particularly in communicating with a wide range of people
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to take initiative in problem solving
- Good planning and organisational skills, with the ability to prioritise effectively
- A flexible approach and the ability to work under pressure to deadlines
- Strong communication skills
Please send a copy of your CV for immediate consideration.
or call us on 01204 326 444