Job Title: Assistant Accountant 12-month training contract (Study Support provided)
Pay Bracket: £24,000 - £26,000
Location: Trafford Park
Benefits: Study support, On-site parking, 25 days holiday + bank holidays and training
We have partnered with a large forward-thinking company in Trafford Park who are looking for an accounts assistant who wants to develop into an assistant accountant, with a 12-month training contract on offer.
As the assistant accountant, you'll complete a range of tasks across the finance function, offering excellent exposure to month end duties, in support of the company's senior group accountant.
This is a great role for someone who has existing exposure to a finance function but is looking for the opportunity to learn and develop further - learning management accounts. An ideal person would be someone with 1 years' experience or more, ideally AAT qualified and wanting to start their ACCA.
Please note, this is a 12-month placement within the team, and we cannot guarantee a permanent role within the business, although this could be a possibility for the right person.
- Bank reconciliations
- Producing financial reports to support month end
- Posting journals
- Accruals and prepayments, maintaining fixed asset register.
- Supporting with project work
- VAT returns
- Intercompany reconciliations
- Making supplier payments and managing the bank. Reviewing of transactions to spot and errors and ensure financial safeguarding.
- Assisting in audit preparation
- Assisting the finance team with ad hoc tasks as required
An ideal person for this position will have the following attributes / skill set:
- Ideally AAT studier / qualified and wanting to continue with their professional development.
- Great team player with excellent communication skills
- Existing experience working in accounts - ideally with knowledge of bank reconciliations and VAT returns - month end experience isn't required as this will be taught, but would be advantageous.
- Strong IT skills including Excel and SAGE (preferred)
- Excellent attention to detail with a driven mindset
- Problem solving skills.
- Brilliant time management abilities, adept at meeting stringent deadlines, and capable of working independently when required.
- We are also open to a recent accountancy and finance graduate who has completed a year in industry
Don't tick every box?
We encourage candidates to push themselves and to go for it! Whilst you might not meet all the criteria we're looking for, there are plenty of opportunities to develop yourself.
We also have additional vacancies like this one at a more junior and senior level, if you're not suitable for this position, we might have others that you'd like to hear about! Nothing ventured is nothing gained.
For immediate consideration please submit an updated CV to this advert, the client is happy to wait if the right person has a notice period.
Candidates who are successfully shortlisted will be invited to a registration with Georgie ahead of submitting your CV to the client. We will have a good chat regarding your career and how we can help.
The interview stage is flexible to your needs and will likely be 1 stage. We're happy to facilitate out of hours too!
or call us on 01204 326 444